View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Dec 20, 2014, 03:34 PM
Hey guys!

I can't believe we're still arguing about whether or not 2d is better than 3d and vice versa. There are good reasons why there are so many game franchises that switched from 2d to 3d and failed, and it isn't the 3d part.

It's just that there are still people that think 2d is better simply because it started out that way and it did it well that first time, but the reality is that some people just aren't exactly open for changes, especially big ones, like changing gameplay from a 2d platformer to a 3d one. Heck, there are lots game franchises that switched to 3d and actually became even more successful than ever.

Anyway, I just thought I'd check in after all this time, and it's cool to see people at least discussing JJ3
JJ3 actually did lots of things right. I'm not sure if it would've gone in the same direction I was going with it, but now it almost feels as if I actually really worked on it, like... not just a patch, but the game itself, because I wasn't just modding things, I was adding some new content as well! I just wish it wasn't for nothing and it might inspire someone to actually build something instead of asking others to do it for them... though it seems it's not exactly going that way. But who knows, maybe someday! =)

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I'm actually working on a bunch of things right now. I think I mentioned this before, but I'm working on this one 3d project. I learned a lot while working on JJ3Patch, and there are actually some things in my current project that are directly influenced by JJ3.

If you want to learn more, you can follow me on my twatter @CloverGruff
I'm trying to post new updates as frequently as I can, and who knows, maybe I'll post something Jazz Jackrabbit related in the future!