View Single Post
Cataphract

JCF Member

Cataphract is doing well so far

Feb 17, 2007, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neobeo View Post
Oh don't worry, I have far more complete specifications that that. It's just a matter of whether I will end up updating or not.
If you do have more complete specifications, it would certainly be very helpful if you shared them.

With the ones currently on this thread, I'm quite sure that the moment I tried to do something a bit more complicated I should end up in a dead end and have to start poking around with a binary comparison program, a task for which I have neither the time -- the second semester is near --, nor the inclination -- debugging code is already boring enough.
Therefore, anyone would be reluctant in investing his time with such uncertain results.

The (marked) incompleteness of j2t specification is compensated by the open-source implementation of the tileset extractor, but the j2l specification or the relation between the two have no reference implementations.

Obviously, incomplete documentation is quite preferable to nothing, however, I should point more emphasis is unfortunately given to side issues such as the interface with zlib (IMO a brief reference to the relevant functions should suffice), rather than the specification per se.