View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Nov 23, 2007, 12:39 PM
Talking JCS Collaboration Competition

Somehow, the idea of just a new contest didn't exactly sound too encouraging, so I may as well announce my plans right now.. who knows, maybe people will want to partake in something new?

:D JCS Collaboration Competition :D

(now no one saw this coming did you?) That's right, a contest not made for individual level designers. There hasn't been exactly a flood of collaboratively made levels (I recall seeing as many as two, at all), which is a pity because collabs sound like a bucket of fun to make, and they're interesting from an analyser point of view, too. Plus, more collabs in general is always a nice thing.

Anyway, without further addendum:

Rules:

If I find your entry to be abusive in one way or another, it's going to be denied.

Participation

¬ You have to announce it in this thread if you're going to enter this contest. You also need to name the other person you'll be collaborating with (from here on called "partner"). Your partner has to confirm the announcement by posting in this thread.
¬ Your partner has to be a recognisable community member. That means you can't make a collaboration with someone who's not been around the community before this contest started.
¬ You may work only with one partner. If you or your partner resigns in the middle of the contest, you can find a new partner, or finish the level yourself (only if the partner has already done work on the level)

Submissions (3 entries total)

¬ You may only submit JJ2 (version higher than 1.20) levels to this competition. TSF levels are allowed, but discouraged.
¬ You may not submit collaborations created prior to this contest.
¬ You can submit only one level. (I can make an exception in case it's an advanced team based level, such as Assault or Bank Robbery)
¬ The entry you're submitting has to consist of the level, the tileset, and the music file.
¬ January 15th 2008 is the last day you can send me entries.

Design

¬ Your level has to be started completely from scratch.
¬ There are no restrictions on the level's gametype, size or used tileset, as long as the tileset palette does not hurt eyes.
¬ If the entry completely sucks (which I hope isn't likely) it won't be accepted.

Other stuff:

Judging

Haven't decided yet! Will keep you updated on this one.

Prize

The authors of the winning entry will get to have their names in a brand new tileset! The winners have to decide on a theme of the tileset together. If they don't come to a consensus, or if the theme they choose is inappropiate, I'll just randomly pick a theme myself. The winning couple will have their names written in the tileset in some form or other (I promise it'll be something better than a mere mask message, though).

Advice

I have one thing to say here: improvise. Do not plan a layout ahead of making the level, it will spoil the entire fun. (Believe me, I've tried it before)

Participants:

Currently partnerless (2)

¬ OLsen
¬ Eigus

Confirmed pairs (7)

¬ Darksonic & Vivando
¬ FireSworD & Snooze
¬ Chiyu & Quickz
¬ Hitch & Ragnarok
¬ n00b & Novastar
¬ Birdie & St. Louis
¬ Black Ninja & Sonyk L. Jackle Esq.

And now, get to work!!!!

Last edited by cooba; Jan 16, 2008 at 06:00 AM.