View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 28, 2016, 02:45 PM
Moving the crap aside..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
-snip-
At the moment, I haven't been working on my level projects due to having other priorities right now (like art, playing fast and organising imageboards). Also it's hard to stay motivated when only a small amount still play JJ2 anymore. Sure, I don't make work to pander to others, though when zero play it in the end, it feels kinda..wasteful. Even getting playtesters (for multiplayer) feels like a stretch.

However, before I jump ship (not because I want to, but have to) I do want to at least crank out a tileset and standalone single player. And one more battle/CTF. My mental block on tilesets right now is my lack of understanding on the structure of backgrounds and being terrible at mechanical tiles, so I think once I pin that down, I should be more motivated to work back on my sets again.

Also I still have mental blocks on my inability to script. I always seem to zone out whenever I try to learn it. Sadly, my interest in learning things is not gauged by usefulness. I wish it did.

As for nagging, if it worked - my sleep schedule wouldn't be screwed up (lets just say my parents used to nag me a lot about going to and out of bed. I felt demeaned more than anything.) I think the lack of work is less to do with laziness, and more to do with lack of confidence and frustration. People know that I tend to be up late for things, but put much effort once I get to it.

And then whenever I admit mental problems, I get redirected to a social worker then I'm back to square one.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ