View Single Post

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Mar 6, 2005, 02:17 AM
Actually, the problem is...it doesn't work in singleplayer mode. Singleplayer mode puts most, if not all, events into a sort of "restart" mode whenever you go more than 20 tiles away from that event. If a turtle stands on brick A at the beginning of the lvl, it will move to brick B when you go near it. If you go far away from it, however, the turtle is re-set by JJ2 and starts off from brick A again. The only way the TNT puzzle thing can work is if the TNT and the wind event are less than 20 tiles away. If it's further than 20 tiles away, the TNT will still exist, but stay un-exploded for all etenity until you get close enough to it.

I'm making a race lvl using the super-speed tracks...I tried to clock myself and, if I do it correctly, I can travel 250 tiles in a little over 1 second. I'll try to trick someone into joining me online so we can crash into each other at super-fast speeds and see how much we bounce away, lol.

EDIT: Found out that wind right -128 with belt accR -128 works as good as wind left -128 with belt accL -128. That's the fastest speed I could attain.