Thread: The Conquistar
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Feb 28, 2003, 02:55 PM
The Conquistar

Ha! I finished Conquests and decided to make a new one. The only characters from before are myself, Claw, Shinyso, Shonar and maybe Evaluator. Defalcon's asked to join, you can too

The lonely black wastes of space were studded with glittering stars and spinning debris. In the background, an icy, white planet hung. The silence was absolute, for sound does not travel in space.
Not a year before, this scenic and tranquil place had become a killing ground. If an observer looked carefully, they would see that the debris was actually the scorched, blackened carcasses of destroyed starfighters, that the largest pieces were parts of capital ships. Now and then the junk would collide, before spinning away in a new direction.
The full horror would dawn with closer observation. This had not been a simple clash between pirate bands. An entire fleet had been destroyed here, with at least four capital ships and hundreds of smaller vessels lending their hulks for inspection. A full scale battle had occured here, with only one side walking away. This was the graveyard of the Deathstorm Fleet, the cemetary of fighter pilots.
A black ship appeared out of hyperspace, identified as the Phantom Eclipse to any watchers. In truth, the warship was property of a mercenary named Coppertop, a well known fighter and pilot. At present the ship carried three passengers; Coppertop herself, her partner, copilot and gunner, Claw, and her friend and fellow warrior, Shinyso.
They navigated the debris field with ease, headed for the planet beyond. Keenrei had been the site of a battle between Coppertop and the Deathless One lord, Beren Deathwreaker. Only Coppertop had walked away. And although the black ship vanished quickly from sight, its' legacy remained.

Keenrei was a planet with devastated, ice-coated cities that lay abandoned to the elements. Two of Coppertop's companions had died here, sacrificing themselves to stop Beren's tyranny.
The Phantom Eclipse showed clearly against the white snow as it landed. A bronze-furred, grey eyed rabbit materialized from the snow-blown buildings. He wore a blaster as if it was part of him, with the unconscious ease that comes with proficiency.
The ramp descended and a tall, grey-furred rabbit with green eyes and tightly braided black hair strode towards the newcomer. A black rabbit moved like a spectre beside her, hand on his saber hilt.
"Shonar," she said coldly. "What passes?"
"They gather," the other said. "They are preparing to move."
"I must find my companions - new ones," she replied. "The others will be watched - and some are lying low." The grey-eyed one nodded and said urgently, "go. I cannot remain here for long; they may be tracing me too."
"Find out. We cannot afford to be found."
"I will. Go now."
The grey rabbit turned and said something to the black fighter before they left. A moment later, the Phantom Eclipse rose up and flew away, leaving the bronze-furred one standing in the blowing snow.

So, everybody sign up now!

Last edited by Coppertop; Mar 27, 2003 at 01:19 PM.