Thread: The Conquistar
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Mar 4, 2003, 11:31 AM
lol, know how you feel, defal. 45 min for me.

Title, title ... *riffles through dictionary* still thinking.

Now we get to meet Crystal Summer, aka 4I Falcon.

"Defalcon? What are you doing here?"
He turned to find himself facing a young rabbit, a few shades darker than his own sky-blue coloring. Her eyes, however, were lighter than his - a bright green. She was shorter than he.
"Crystal Summer," he said. "I didn't expect to see you here either."
"Yeah, but I came in by the door," she remarked pointedly. "Youre arrival was a bit less convenient."
"I found an old portal," he said offhand. "Wanted to see where it went."
"Yes, I saw a rock thrown from a solid wall and I thought to investigate further," she agreed. Then, "why Shador?"
"What?"
"It is a doomed world. Its inhabitants cling to their home for as long as they dare, but soon Shador will be consumed by the sun, and the Shadorians forced to flee. Why go there?"
"Well ... I just came from Medivo, I know Carrotus, I dislike Tubelectric, Keenrei's too cold, Hellantra's too hot, Colonia's too old fashioned, Shellia's too swampy, Lohar's too empty, Firen's too far, Raxizil's too bright, but Shador is just right. Got my drift?" He took a breath. Crystal laughed quietly, then glanced over his shoulder.
"Hey," she called out, "looke who the cat just dragged in!"
Coppertop stalked in, followed closely by her two friends Claw and Shinyso. The last had his saber drawn and bloody, while Claw looked ready to murder anyone who looked at him the wrong way. It was clear that they had just been through a fight - it showed in the deliberate, wary movements, the nervous glances, the bloodied blades. The mercenary grimaced.
"Crystal. I don't suppose this place as a different way back to Kilanphor? I need to get back to my ship, but the door is well guarded."
"Nope," Crystal said, and Defalcon shook his head slightly. Copper glanced at him appraisingly, noticing the same about him that he had seen with her.
"Looks like you've seen blood recently," she commented. "Where were you attacked?"
"Medivo," he said. She grinned.
"I see. Whose speeder were you stealing this time?"
"I wasn't!" he protested indignantly. She laughed. FInally Crystal asked, "what happened to the rest of your friends?"
"They're off doing whatever," the mercenary replied. "Ducky, in fact, is here." She waved and recieved one in return. "But I got information that some fanatics are trying to wipe us rabbit scum out." She gestured at the Tavern; indeed, most of the patrons were rabbits.
Defalcon shook his head again. "So what are you going to do?"
"Nobody attacks me and gets away with it," Copper said. "But I know there's a lot of them. My friends are too well known; they've already helped me take down two would-be rulers. I need some fresh help."
"And here I thought you were a loner, Coppertop."
"I am - in the cockpit. But I'm also a mercenary, Defalcon, a prfessional fighter. Even Claw, Shinyso and I can't take on an entire army."
Crystal blinked and then smiled slightly. She pushed her hair back. "Well, maybe I could help you. I'm not well known, but I am an excellent sniper."
"Count me in," Defalcon said with a shrug. "I was looking for excitement anyway."
"You've found it," Shinyso said. Claw shook his head and looked away. Copper grinned.
"Excitement? You look like a walking arsenal," she teased. "But less of one than Zazz Darkfist, of course."
"Nobody," he said, "can match Darkfist for sheer amound of destructive devices."
"Hey, I heard that," someone called from the direction of the bar.
"True. Okay, first step is getting back to the Assassin/Phantom Eclipse. Kilanphor is pretty dangerous, watch your back."
"I always watch my back," Defalcon sniffed with mock indignation. Crystal snickered and recieved a sharp glare for her trouble.
"You've been here for about ten minutes," Crystal pointed out. "Surely they would have dispersed by now?"
"You'd think so, wouldn't you," Defalcon agreed.
"One way to find out. Come on."