View Single Post

JCF Member

burnout92 is doing well so far

Nov 11, 2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGruff View Post
Actually the real reason why I'm leaving this project is because I no longer have the time for all this. Yes, partially because of UE1, but actually UE1 has got to be my most favourite of all of them, to be honest. Why? UE1 is really friggin' fast, pretty much any game made with it works on modern hardware and operating systems without much problems, and it doesn't have all that much useless crap that you have to deal with when working with it. But... really the biggest issue for me was the editor. I like the interface and everything, but it's incredibly unstable. Also.... importing meshes with animation - no thanks, setting all that up is just a nightmare.

Anyway, here's the fixed version of 1.3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Patch_1.3b.zip

It may still not work, but I figured it lacked a *.u package file, since 'BoolProperty Engine.PlayerPawn.bNoclip' is a part of Engine.u, which I didn't include in the new release.
I understand you. But you said that unstable UE1 engine? In my humble opinion, it is not. I know that you upset because the engine, but did not instantly discontinued, but must try. No matter if in 2015 you'll be done with it, I'm a patient man and I can wait. I think have done a great job and I hope you will also. Of course with this sentence I want to encourage to continue this project. Let's look at it is that when the game was abandoned in 2000, it is was did not Unity3d and various engines, from which today's games developing. Increase the (hardware) demand, and the more nicer and nicer want these games for developers. This is why such system requirements for these games. I do not take it personally. Okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGruff View Post
Sorry to put your hopes up, but my new project has nothing to do with Lori =(
Though, like I said, there are some small things that I've taken from working on JJ3 (Mostly technical things, but also some gameplay related stuff as well).

P.S.
I'd still like to make something JJ related in the future, but it sure won't happen on UE, though.
Well, Lori ... She would have imagined in 3D. Would you are your ideas, and perhaps it is time to ... I think you should think about this thing ... Good?