View Single Post
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Dec 19, 2015, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
"Stealing" or "being inspired by"? I think there is a thin line between those, depening on how you look at it ...

When I'm not sure how to do something, like the Layer 6/7 background for a specific tileset, I look for an example to see how someone else did it. Same with animated tiles, if I'm not sure how it can be best animated, I will gladly take inspiration from whatever example I can find.
I'm sure when Violet said "stealing" he didn't mean literally.

I have come to realize something. It's not just the levels themselves that takes time to make, it's also the tilesets. Since the JCS program won't accept an image with ton of colors (I tried that) I have to find a way to make the tileset look good with limited amount of colors, which is gonna be a challenge.

Since I'm against spoilers I won't tell you anything about the level, since I want you all to be surprised for the most part. I will only show something from the levels I'm making if I need help with something, other than that most of the levelpack will be a surprise.

Last edited by Blaze The Movie Fan; Dec 19, 2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling