View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Apr 6, 2005, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalon
The point is that both levels like PreSenT PaST (overly complicated) and overly "simple levels" do one thing: accentuate the skill gap between players. While good for "hardcore" play, this does not serve itself well to a community as small as Jazz, where that audience does not exist. The map must then be used simultaneously as a mediator, evening the skill gap, while also being a tool for the player to use against their opponent. A paradox if there ever was one. See, mapping is a lot harder then you thought, huh? Proves why I haven't released a map in 3 years.
It's obvious and I agree with your point on the jj2 community lacking the right audiences for competetive play, as well as the audience for the "hardcore" levels which skilled level makers try so hard to bulit so often by mistake. I'm glad this topic has shed light on that. Maybe now we will stop wasting our precious time creating high quality CTF levels on jj2 for nothing. One of the reasons I started this topic because is because I feel, if possible, there needs to be more dimensions added to gameplay for how we create levels, especialy CTF gameplay, then it may be possible to make high quality levels that appeal to a wider audience, maybe even thoose who claim to hate CTF will change their minds. Who knows?