View Single Post
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Feb 25, 2013, 10:10 PM
Going to go ahead and ask this here.

Could users be given access to at least some BASS functions? Not sure which ones are too big a security risk, but I'm particularly interested in BASS_ChannelSetPosition, BASS_ChannelSetAttribute, and BASS_SetConfig (only to set buffer length).

I ask because I'd like to have levels with "dynamic" sound or music. For example, smoothly switching to different music when overtime starts, or Sudden Death in the EGFP update (I SWEAR I AM DOING THIS).

Or, for an example that almost anyone can do, playing ambient noise depending on the player's location in a level - splashing waves that get louder as they get closer to the water, sparking noises near those electric...things in Tubelectric, etc. The Ambient Sound event can only handle so much.

Of course if it's too dangerous or not cool enough or BASS was incorporated into JJ2+ in a way that makes this non-trivial to add, I totally get that, no sweat

(you're sure you still want to allow feature requests in this thread? =P)