View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 17, 2018, 03:58 PM
Well..better late than never they say. PJ helped judge the entries a bit so I could finally come to a conclusion.

And so, the 1st place winner finally is..

Firgun by Sir Ementaler!
At first glance, it seems a bit naive to pick this. But out of all maps, I had the most fun here, and gameplay is what truly matters. Perhaps I prefer a little chaos over slow-paced gameplay.

And the 2nd place winner is..

Rift by BlurredD!
I admit I don't find this map as fun as the honorable mention mainly due to confusing navigation, but I gotta admire the risks taken in innovating gameplay. This was also weighed by PJs opinion on his fun factor.

And an honorable mention to..

Forest Swamp by FireSword!
This map has received a sprite palette improvement since it first came out, but at its core of gameplay - it's still biased towards the bottom right and not really innovative. However it's an easy map to play, which is always a plus for more casual players - where the multiplayer community has headed these days.

This was by far the hardest contest I've had to judge. They all had their own unique upsides and downsides instead of one outright being better than the other. Next time I won't take so long on announcing winners again.

While I do want to start another contest (particularly true coop, Bank robbery, event-sized CTF, Assassination or something conventional with a twist) I'm concerned others may have lost faith in my ability to reward winners (hold your horses I haven't forgotten about the create a boss contest winner). Maybe I'll start up another contest idea poll, since it's been so long and my ideas have narrowed down.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ