View Single Post

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 15, 2006, 03:33 AM
It's the awards-time already! I'm giving my votes as well.

Best Levelmaker: Blackraptor, for The Chasm and his few other levels. It was actually a very hard decision, since Snooze did several sort of neat levels lately but was sort of inactive(and worse?) in earlier -06. As well Birdie's work was very outstanding, but it wouldn't be as good as The Chasm for example.

Best Level Pack: New Ages by Snooze, was anyway the best level pack. The choice here wasn't as hard, as it is a really decent pack with 5 creatively made CTF-levels. I would say the rest of r3p's nominees at least receive a mention from me too, though I haven't seen the SF-pack properly yet.

Best CTF-level: Helldome by Evilmike, although that one is mainly that popular because of the actual concept. Still everything else in that level is fairly good and that makes it really superior. Technodus Cargo Station by Ragnarok would probably get my vote after this. But also, though I know people quite hate the level, I actually did like Russian Satellite by Emperor enough for a mention with it's many-sided gameplay. (That doesn't mean I would be saying RSat>Rsoup anyway.)

Best non-CTF level: The Chasm by Blackraptor, that impressed kinda many people. The layout is very great. But what was even more amazing, is the awesome and original eyecandy made with that tileset. There were some other good single levels in this category as well, but any not even near to this one's quality.

Best Tileset: Twilight Park by Blade. This one in my opinion belongs to the very top in all-time tilesets in fact. It really offers everything, and is user-friendly.

Best Tileset-conversion: JJ2 conversion pack by NOKA. First, this one is a conversion-pack, which is already a good thing. And as all of them are quite decent ones, the pack gets my vote. Jungle 2 and Inferno 2(improved) by P4ul nearly matched.

Some things I would like to say also...
Atom Heart 243.5, I understand and appreciate people actually like this level, but it has a problem that a 2vs2 here once proved. While you could score only barely in duels probably, teamgames with even teams don't really work at all. As when there are more people to roast the flagholder, there are also more people to recapture. I have thoughts, but I'm not sure what actually makes scoring that hard there.

As well I would say CTF4all2 lacks of a trustful review, no offense, in case some were after the ratings.