View Single Post

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Dec 15, 2006, 07:47 PM
2006's Best Levelmaker:

Most people say the obvious choice here is Snooze, since he had a great finish to the year. However, I do agree that his start to the year was a bit weak, and it's not really new for him to produce good levels. I'm inclined to vote for P4ul, because I didn't even know he made levels before this year and suddenly there's some awesome levels by him out. He does focus on eyecandy quite a lot and sometimes focuses on layout less than he should, but I like what he's done and he inspired me to actually make some levels, which is important so my vote goes out to him =P.

Choice: P4ul

2006's Best Level Pack:

The Street Fight Pack was pretty good (and a welcome change instead of CTF packs) but I wasn't really as impressed by it as I hoped to be (and Streetfight levels tend to be pretty small). I'm going to go with New Ages by Snooze. The early levels (Question;, Complex) weren't too great, but I enjoyed playing through the latter 3 levels (Persona Lity, Radiation and the Boneyard) and overall the pack was pretty good and I'd have rated it higher than the StreetF pack. The speed the New Ages pack was completed at was pretty insane too.

Choice: New Ages CTF by Snooze

2006's Best CTF Level:

I didn't like Atom Heart at first, but it sort of grew on me despite me losing about 10 JDC 2vs2s in it. The Boneyard was also a nice level that had very well done eyecandy, imo. However, Helldome was fun from the first game and had a fun concept to it which made it original. I really don't have much else to say, except that it gets my vote. Heh.

Choice: Helldome by EvilMike

2006's Best Non CTF Level:
I'm going to be a jerk for this one and, as much as I loved Shade Castle, vote for The Chasm. I really loved Shade Castle and gave it an absurdly high rating (and I might even go as far to say that Violet has probably turned into my favorite current levelmaker), but I'm just (-)ing proud with how The Chasm turned out. Hopefully, if anything, I've proven that you can make "dark" levels in a rather bright game such as JJ2.

Choice: The Chasm by Blackraptor

2006's Best Tileset:

At first I thought it would be Twilight Park hands down, but somewhere in the back of my head something is telling me to vote Kansas. That tileset is completely weird and begging for something abstract and screwed up to be made with it (and from what I've seen from Birdie's level, could be used to make some awesome looking levels). However, Twilight Park is a very solid tileset and is just plain awesome. My vote goes to Twilight Park, only because despite its weirdness, Kansas feels like it still could be improved on quite a bit. This was a rather hard decision though, and could've gone either way.

Choice: Twilight Park by Blade

2006's Best Tileset Conversion:

Inferno 2.0, hands down. The Chasm v2 >O!

Choice: Inferno 2.0 by P4ul

I don't think 2006 was all that great of a year, really. We had some good releases but a lot of things were missing. I wasn't too happy with the amount of good tilesets released this year, and I didn't see too much stuff that made me want to get back into the game (since I pretty much didn't do anything at all for like, the first 5 months of this year).

I should've released more stuff this year ;\.

Last edited by Blackraptor; Dec 15, 2006 at 08:04 PM.