View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jun 10, 2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Make the levels automatically hurt you twice before actually starting? Many ways of doing this, mostly with the Hurt event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo
Lets just create a monopoly. Forget those players who don't know about JJ2+, they don't need to discover new SP levels, get confused, and leave. And I really don't think new SP game modes are necessary. If we want to expand, do more online stuff. Host more coop. But single player is just...as you said... boring.
Editing each level of, let's say, devres, to be like that, would be pain. Also, (I hope) he means something like a super hard mode, where a player is who can choose to have 3 hearts in exchange of 5 or to only avoid enemies in exchange of shooting them. The TNT stuff was rather stupid for me, though. I see no reason to design a level like that.

Quote:
If you're going to test a level, why would you wanna trigger stuff? If the level's designed for multiplayer, host it on LAN. If it's designed for SP, you know where the crate is, use it.
Let's say I made a mistake, and the crate has other ID than the trigger scenery, but I want to see how does its animation look like. It's not the best example, but right now I can't think about any better one.

Quote:
not when you have jjnext
Not when the next level is not where I want to go. If nothing "links" to a level, I must make a special level with a proper "next level" string. This consume too much time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
in other words, cheating
If anyone would use it for cheating, why would you care? In SP it won't hurt anyone but the cheaters. If they're okay with this, let them cheat. Additionally, Plus won't change anything, as they already have a whole lot of built-in cheats.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.