Thread: Karrot Shire
View Single Post

JCF Member

WadlCury is doing well so far

Feb 21, 2008, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGJ View Post
4AM here, just finished playing. I need to control myself better... And even if I got sucked in, I felt lonely most of the time. Without other players the whole land seems lifeless despite all the NPCs... Maybe you could at least put some butterflies in wildlife areas... Also I wish enemies could somehow work in this. Are you going to try implement some baddie-frying quests? That would be more interesting, I think. Or maybe just make it possible to fight some for money (and maybe experience if you're thinking of adding it among dignity) instead of making it just float around in places? If you're opting for an MMORPG style, this would definately make it more noticeable.
Good points. I think I will try to make a fightable bot next, to make things more interesting on that front. I agree that the inactivity is sad - the best alternative would, I think, us being online all the time so people always have someone to fight or to chat to. The downside, of course, is that Carrotpie and I do have lives, so we simply can't be in the server at all times.
24/7 hosting, or (hopefully a bit more) regular hosting?