View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 26, 2015, 03:14 PM
Oh I remember that. Craig was talking about a cartoon in mid-March, then a couple weeks later it got trademarked.

I'll quote what Jeh told me about TSF:
Quote:
TSF started out as a big project; it was an idea that myself, Robert Allen (JJ & JJ2 producer) and Dean "Noogy" Dodrill came up with. Noogy and I had these elaborate plans for a big enveloping storyline that centered around the ending movie of JJ2, at the wedding/party scene. We even had plans for a cool opening movie complete with voiceovers! From there, Devon causes mayhem again, etc etc etc -- and Jazz, Spaz and Lori save the day. I forget if Eva was kidnapped again, but either way the 3 playable characters had a mission. It was never really "finalized" though and was large omitted due to time commitments.

TSF, all-in-all, was a big success in my mind as it was the first project I had worked on as a major release. There were issues with the Party Mode servers due to compatibility. We wanted to put more in but due to timeframes it wasn't possible.
Dean did a great job animating [Lori], but because this is such a time-consuming process, by the time all the animation was finished there was very little time to implement her special moves. All the moves were "in the works" (i.e. we'd come up with an idea, and Dean would animate it) so once it was animated, we used it. And, due to time constraints there wasn't any time to re-draw or animate different moves later on etc... so we had to use what Dean animated. Lori didn't get the testing she deserved when it came to her gameplay style.