View Single Post

JCF Member

GLaDOS is doing well so far

Feb 2, 2013, 02:23 PM
Amazing update! Great job Violet, Jerry and all the others who contributed to this new version. I am really enjoying the functionality AngelScript adds and looking forward to possibilities that future extensions to the scripting API will bring.

I am aware of this being the first iteration of J2AS, though I do have a few suggestions to make:
If players lack the same kind of "STATE" field that objects have, the ability to access player animations could be useful for detecting these states, as a sort of workaround.
Also, being able to use the numpad for switching weapons would be very useful, not only for alternate key configurations, but also as a sort of 8-directional input to be used with scripting.
Finally, functions to send/receive custom UDP packets from scripts would allow for proper server/client synchronization without having to use hacks such as positions or bullets to encode data to be sent to the server, but I guess this could turn to be somewhat complicated to implement properly. If that is the case, please do not consider this too much of a top priority request and focus on the more important stuff first (mainly bugfixes).

Anyway, keep up the great work!