View Single Post
njoenka

JCF Member

njoenka has disabled reputation

May 7, 2018, 07:54 AM
After playing the first Jazz Jackrabbit on my pops DOS computer for years on end, I knew I had to get Jazz Jackrabbit 2 the very moment it was released. That's all there was to it - it was the only way. So as not to feel the horrible burden of being without new Jazz content, I had to get a copy immediately.

But how? After all, I was 10 years of age which basically meant n o m o n e y. I did somehow manage to get my hands on the Shareware version - not sure how, probably through my dad asking some of his colleagues - but I knew I had to get the real deal.

Up comes April 30. Queen's Day, when us Dutch folks go outside to celebrate the Queen's (or, more recently, King's) birthday or rather, adults celebrate their being allowed to drink outside and kids get caught up in the excitement. More importantly, however, Queen's Day is like a large scale yard sale. Everybody gathers together their old toys, records, and other junk to try make a bit of extra cash.

So there went my Thunderbirds' Tracy Island incl. the Thunderbirds themselves, there went my Biker Mice from Mars action figures and Scoreboard Hideout, there went my The Incredible Crash Dummies toy car, and a bunch of other toys I had outgrown.

And so a few weeks later, it was time to install Jazz Jackrabbit 2. The Main Menu greeted me with a familiar, updated, tune and before even starting the game itself I thought:

"yep, worth it"