View Single Post

JCF Member

Roobar is an asset to this forum

May 7, 2018, 08:33 AM
OK some of my favorite memories were back then, when I played the JJ2 shareware episode for the first time. For me, it was a blast! It was like a magic! I played the heck out of the demo and my favorite level was the diamondus one. The demo was SO GOOD and I was SO HYPED that I wanted more! But I wasn't been able to find it anywhere where I live. So I was desperate to find the whole game. Didn't found it at that time. But it was the time where I used a dial up connection to find more about JJ2 related things. The journal site and jazz city were some of those I remember and visited them for news.

There was a computer club where JJ2 was installed along other games. I think we even played a bit multiplayer. Later I found TSF and I played that. It was many years later, when I played the initial JJ2 and I was really surprised to find out that the first episode is actually castle and not diamondus!

I also have fond memories of making 3 maps back in the days with multiplayer in mind for two of them. One of these, a beach level, is unfortunately lost because it was only on one diskette that is now unrecoverable.

Good times indeed.

Last edited by Roobar; May 7, 2018 at 08:45 AM.