Thread: =)
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Oct 28, 2004, 09:34 AM
=)

Well well, look who's back in action. Prepare for another story which will not die.

Kaz shook his head reprovingly at his companion, who clung silently to the railing of the balcony. The shifting shadow-shape became a large black-feathered hawk for a moment, then something more reptilian.
(You and she have known each other for a long time. She will listen to you should you speak.)
"I doubt it," the crimson avian sighed. It was his companion's turn to look at him reprovingly.
(She knows you have more brains than you often pretend, Kaz. You will not be ignored in this.)
"Then why don't you tell her, you old riddler?" Kaz challenged. The lizard-hawk mantled and became a winged feline.
(She does not know me. We have been through this before.)
"All right, all right, I'll try. But I can't guarantee she'll pay attention, Mehr," Kaz added sharply.
(The attempt will be enough.) The cat became a large albatross and stretched its wings.
"You hope."
(Coppertop is not a fool,) Mehr retorted coolly, apparently deciding that it preferred the albatross form. It spread black-feathered wings, eerily silent. (I have faith in you, my scarlet-feathered friend, which is not misplaced. The message will be delivered.)
Wide black wings opened and the shifter fell backwards off of the rail, righting itself in mid-drop. Kaz watched as it spiralled away.
"His faith touches me. Now to find Coppertop."

EDIT: I actually am looking for joiners this time round. Novelty, I know.