View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 17, 2006, 05:42 PM
I think I'll put the pic at the end. It works better there.

"Yes, I can breathe," I responded, but they still couldn't hear me. Uberbob mouthed something that looked like "how high is the pie."
"Uberbob," L33tz4n said, tapping him on the shoulder, "if it’s a one-way gate, he can hear us fine."
"Oh. Cool. Can you really, Faw?" he asked. I shook my head. I wanted to enjoy his silence a bit longer.
After a while, as I pretended to be checking the walls for traps or fish or whatever, I signaled for the rest of the party to cross.
"Whew, hello, can you hear me now?" Uberbob asked when he got across. I shook my head again, and he went back to mouthing something or other to me. I wasn’t really paying attention.
We went down the hallway for a bit until we came to a new room. The walls were made from what looked like ice and the ceiling stretched in an enormous dome overhead. Four doors lined the walls of the room, with an elaborate fountain in the center. Oddly, the water in the fountain didn't appear to be freezing. The entire room was illuminated by a glowing sphere atop the fountain. It was quite beautiful. No doubt Uberbob or someone would try to pull it off. There were some cracks and scratches in the walls and floor, but they looked to be long frozen over.
"Wow..." L33tz4n said as she entered the room.
"Yeah," Araches added, “classy for a deathtrap."
Fooruman looked preoccupied. "Something dark lurks deep within these wonton withered walls…"
"Wonton withered walls? That doesn’t even make sen-"
"SILENCE!" he bellowed, grabbing my shoulders and pointing in a direction. For a split second I could’ve sworn I saw something moving, but it could’ve just been my mind playing tricks on me. "FEEL the music, Beethoven!" I shook the senile old man off and gave his canoe a kick, sending it skidding across the icy floor.