View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
I kind of agree with Ae on the whole fish thing. Commands like "throw L33tz4n off cliff" and "pick up pyramid while inside sleeping bag" get pretty annoying, but it gets agonizingly boring responding to rows upon rows of "pick up" and "put down" and "look at". If you all responded "consider fishing" and I had to write an entire post about fishing, then I'd get annoyed. I don't even like fishing that much.

I examined the skeleton. The bones had scratches in some places, but were not pierced or shattered anywhere. The most unnerving part was still the frozen-over crack in the ice below it. It was almost as if something came through and killed him.
"Wait here," I told L33tz4n and Shuri, "I'm going to go back to the bridge. I think I have an entirely unrelated idea."
I walked north then east back to the icy bridge over the abyss. On my way, I started thinking about fishing. The door on the Isle of Darkness was at about sea level, and we had only gone down since then. Presumably, we were underwater now. There had to be fish somewhere. "I'll check the fountain later," I told myself. Something about the whole fish thing made me feel a bit like Uberbob.
Once on the bridge I stood across from the carving on the wall and looked at it through the crystal. Apart from being a bit skewed by refracted light, it looked exactly the same. No magic viewing crystal, evidently.
I looked at the mysterious crystal itself. I had to be missing something with it. It weighed about a kilogram, give or take, and was around 20 CM wide. It was kind of round, but made of seventeen distinct surfaces. It was transparent blue in color, as was most of the cave. I looked over my shoulder to ensure nobody was looking, then licked the crystal. It tasted like a cold rock with maybe a hint of salt.

I'll start responding more as soon as I'm done rebuilding my computer.