View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 22, 2006, 11:00 AM
I stuffed Shuri into the sleeping bag. "Canoe, do your healing thing," I commanded the boat (and, by proxy, Fooruman).
The old wizard raised the canoe oar over his head. "By the powers invested in me, I now pronounce you-" he slammed the paddle down onto Shuri's body - "-RAISED!"
Shuri began to move, a bit dazed at first. She looked down at her body. "Why.. why am I in a sleeping bag?"
I began to seriously contemplate why I had put Shuri in a sleeping bag. Was I becoming like Uberbob? Was I slave to obscure compulsions? I quickly devised a convincing solution. "It... it was so it could be like a coccoon. And you could rise - like a butterfly - reborn more majestic than before. So you could spread your magical butterfly wings and.. do something. Yeah."
Araches looked me straight in the eye. "Faw, that was the gayest thing I've eve-"
"Hey! Let's go North!" I interrupted, "starting with Uberbob!"
"I'm game!" he called cheerfully, running into Abydos' open jaws. I heard his footsteps fade off into the distance. I didn't hear him dying, though, which was a good sign.
I and the rest of the party, stepped, slithered and rowed through the gate. As we travelled down the dark tunnel, I turned and looked behind me. A slow hissing noise grew into a shriek; Abydos' serrated teeth slammed themselves shut, leaving us in the dark, with nowhere to go but forward towards a soft red glow ahead.

And with that, I'm going to take a break to go have a happyfun thanksgiving (for non-americans, that's a day when we kill mutant america-chickens called turkeys).