View Single Post

JCF Member

Joseph Collins is doing well so far

Mar 24, 2023, 10:54 AM
Added links to the color charts and made an observation.

I had to right-click and open it in a new window (is that how Digiex normally works?), but yeah, I can see the small differences.

It's… odd… that the installer or code for that one specific version seems to have vanished. And kind of disappointing, too. But I mean, it's not like anyone needs it. I, myself, was just working on some little charts comparing the different interpretations of each color to… uh… each color. Nothing important. Just pure curiosity for curiosity's sake.

Thank you, though.

Edit:
I finished my Lori color charts. I'll go ahead and post these here just for laughs.
(I doubt anyone wants or needs these, realistically…)

- Lori's Color Options (v1.24 (The Secret Files) Unmodified)
- Lori's Color Options (JJ2+ Beta (Build 2010-04-08 A))

Also just noticed this: the shading on the edges of her clothes (and parts of the rest of her) never change. They're consistently various shades of umber. This isn't really something you notice unless you're looking for it or you're zoomed in pretty close. Interesting…

Edit: I also just noticed… the stripe on Lori's shorts doesn't change color, either. The stripe is actually supposed to be pink, according to her official art, and the stripe actually is pink in the big character preview… but the stripe got converted to grey on the sprites. Yet another sprite oversight on P2I's part, I guess.

(Excuse the weird palette distribution. JazzTool is kind of… not perfect.)

In any case, I think it'd be neat if the stripe changed colors, too. I'm sure it could be done with scripting rather than editing the sprites. As I said, the stripe is grey – a completely unique color on her sprites, in fact. Just a thought!

Last edited by Joseph Collins; Mar 25, 2023 at 10:15 AM.