View Single Post
Jersey Devil

JCF Member

Jersey Devil is doing well so far

Apr 29, 2001, 06:57 AM
Though J.D. didn't know it, there was now a small crowd gathering round her. She was having a major nightmare, and was talking in her sleep.

"No - Leave me alone!! I don't wanna be tattooed! Ow! OW-OW-OW-OW-OW!".

Several of the bunnies in the crowd were, by now, discussing Jersey Devil's tattoo.

"It's a POW tattoo.", explained the young man who'd discovered the mark on J.D.'s arm,

"POW?", an older rabbit exclaimed,"How do we know she's not a spy, pretending to be a POW?!",

"She can't be!", the boy began angrily,"She's kept it hidden. Jersey Devil only came here so that she could fight alongside others, not spy on them. Now shut up.".

Soon enough, J.D. woke up anyway.

"AGH!!", she screamed, partly scared from her nightmare, and (moreover) scared by the crowd who were surrounding her.

She felt her left wrist - her wrist band wasn't there!

"Wh-what?", she stammered, looking at the other rabbits nervously,"Y-you know my secret?",

"Yeah! We do!", growled a gruff, fierce looking, battle-scarred old hare,"And we don't welcome your kind around here!!",

"What?!", J.D. exclaimed,"What did I do?",

"You're a spy sent by the turtles, and you're tryin' to get sympathy by sayin' you're an ex-POW!", the nasty rabbit snarled,"Well it ain't gonna work - you can leave right now.".

J.D. looked hurt. This was exactly why she tried to hide the security mark she'd gotten in Devan Shell's prison.

"It's not true...", Jersey Devil began, sobbing as she did,"Lay off!",

"Hmph. Turnin' on the waterworks, now, eh? You can't fool me, spy!", chuckled the mean old veteran.

Jersey Devil couldn't believe what she was hearing. Suddenly her sadness turned to rage.

"I won't leave this place! Nobunny can make me, especially not some stinky, overweight old scuzball like you!", J.D. growled,

"What did you call me?!", the horrible old rabbit snarled, lifting J.D. off the ground by her ears,"No turtle spy is going to call me names, kid!", he added, shaking the terrified purple bunny a bit,

"Hey! L-Lemme go! HELP!!!", J.D. wailed, wishing she hadn't come to the War Tavern at all.

A bolt of electricity hit the old veteran, and he dropped Jersey Devil.

A short grey rabbit approached;

"Leave Jersey Devil alone!", she yelled.

J.D. looked dumbstruck as she stared at the now unconscious hare who'd just been zapped.

"Er, th-thanks...", J.D. smiled, rubbing the back of her neck with her right hand,"I-I guess I owe you one.".

The grey-furred bunny who helped J.D. just smiled.

"Hey...", J.D. began,"You're Ducky from earlier!",

"That's right.", Ducky replied,"Are you OK?",

"A little shaken.", J.D. muttered,"What about him? Will he be OK?", she queried, pointing to the veteran on the floor,

"He'll sleep it off.", Ducky grinned,"He was probably drunk out of his head, anyway.".

There was a brief silence, which J.D. quickly broke:

"Heh. Well, what can I say... Thanks again, Ducky.", J.D. smiled nervously, before sitting down at the table where she'd fallen asleep earlier.

Ducky joined J.D..

"I hope you don't mind me asking, Jersey Devil, but what's with that mark on your arm? Are you one of those Skulls things or something?", Ducky quizzed,

J.D. looked a litle puzzled,"Er... What?", she murmured, putting her wrist strap back where it belonged,"What's 'Skulls'?",

"Never mind. How did you get the tattoo?", Ducky asked eagerly,

J.D. sighed,"Well, it's a long story...".

With that, Jersey Devil began explaining to Ducky about her incarceration in Devan Shell's prison, and how she escaped.

So now, Jersey Devil has found a new friend in the War Tavern, and has finally had a chance to talk about what she's been through. Of course, J.D.'s adventure is only just beginning. Find out more in the next exciting episode of ENTER JERSEY DEVIL - THE LOST WARRIOR