View Single Post
Jersey Devil

JCF Member

Jersey Devil is doing well so far

May 27, 2001, 04:41 AM
And, at last, here is the next exciting chapter of ENTER JERSEY DEVIL - THE LOST WARRIOR (note from J.D.: This is the first of several shorter parts of the story, and so my timeframe for writing all the joiners into the tale is a little different, but you will all be in it - I promise)

It had been at least three hours since Jersey Devil had started pouring her heart out to Ducky. Ducky was saddened by what J.D. had been through.

J.D. sighed, and began to explain about a boy she'd met in the prison, called Nero...

"I guess I'd been locked up for about 2 months when I was moved to a different cell block. They threw me into a cell with a bunny called Nero - he ended up being like the big brother I never had...", J.D. paused, and wiped a tear from her eye,"He took care of me from then on, until... Until... No... It was too awful... I feel like it was my fault...".

Ducky put her hand on J.D.'s shoulder,

"I'm sure it wasn't your fault.".

Suddenly a dark stranger materialised out of nowhere! The first thing to appear was his name: Grath AR. The rest of him appeared a few seconds later. He was shrouded in a red cape, and carried a tall wooden stick.

J.D. looked up at the stranger.

'Hmm.', she thought to herself,'That pole he's got is as tall as he is...'.

Grath tapped his stick on the floor a couple of times;

"So, what happened to Nero?", he asked, before pausing for a second or two, and looking a little embarrassed,"Er... Sorry - I didn't mean to butt in, I... I'm just curious.",

"Heh.", J.D. smiled,"That's OK.".

Grath took an unused chair from a nearby table, and sat down with Jersey Devil & Ducky.

J.D. continued her story about Nero;

"Well... One day, all of us POW's were out in the exercise yard, and... I guess I just suddenly flipped. I honestly have no idea what came over me...",

"What did you do?", Grath quizzed,

"I just went ballistic and started beating up one of the turtle guards... It was wierd - I totally beaned the guy. I never raised myself to be like that...", J.D. paused and sniffed,"Anyway, Devan Shell runs a strict regime in his prisons, and anybody who disrespects the turtle race in any way is punished severely. I immediately started to fear for my life. I didn't know what they were going to do to me...".

J.D. stopped for breath, tears beginning to run down her furry cheeks.

"Let it out.", Ducky said, trying to reassure J.D..

J.D. sobbed for a few more minutes before finally saying what had happened to make her feel so guilty:

"Those turtles can be very cruel... They knew how much I cared about Nero... He told me to leave the turtle guard alone, but I wouldn't listen to him. Poor Nero...", Jersey Devil's ears flopped as she spoke,"They shot Nero dead. They killed right there & then, and it was all my fault! Every day... Every single day I think about him. If it wasn't for Nero, I probably would've done something stupid. He looked after me, and how did I thank him?! I got him shot - that's how!".

With that, J.D. broke down. Neither Ducky nor Grath knew what to say to calm the purple rabbit down.

It was becoming obvious that Jersey Devil had been through more than anybody her age should ever have to. What wasn't so obvious was why J.D. had trekked all the way from Earth to return to Carrotus. Maybe she just wanted to confront her past, or maybe she had a much bigger plan...

Will Jersey Devil ever be free of her guilt? What are her reasons for returning to the planet where she went through so much pain? Keep reading ENTER JERSEY DEVIL - THE LOST WARRIOR to find out!

"Looks like it's time for the infamous coment about the bases and who they belong to." - Jersey Devil

"AGH! Oh no - not again!" - Everyone Else

Visit my Website!

Jersey City Hall