View Single Post

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Nov 9, 2004, 05:59 PM
Anyone having trouble with their router, let's try this?

Well. This worked for me, I asked my friend. Let's see if his plan works for any of you.

1) Go into your router configuration
2) For Linux routers go to: Setup - DHCP tab, or for Belkin routers go to the: Lan Settings tab
3) Uncheck the box that says to use DHCP

Ok, now that you have disabled DHCP, you have to immediately do this, this is making Windows manually recognize your router, with DHCP, the router would do this for you, however, the router also would not be able to use port forwarding.:
4) Go to: Start - Network Connections.
5) Now find your router and double click on it
6) Click properties
7) Double click: Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
8) For both raido buttons, choose to insert the information yourself by clicking "Use the following IP Address" and "Use the following DNS server addresses"
9) Now go to Start - Run
10) Type in: ipconfig
11) Alright, manually type in the: IP Address, Subnet Mask, & Default Gateway into the boxes where it asks for those, in the TCP/IP properties. Now for DNS mask, you only need a primary, as a secondary is backup. If you do not know your DNS mask, then for the primary, input your Default Gateway
12) For the secondary you can use: "192.168.1.1"
13) Click ok, and the click ok

This is why you have to configure Windows immediately after disabling DHCP:
Quote:
but once you disable it if you dont manually config when your computer looks for the dchp server and its down your connection will do down
Now, hopefully you can finally play games, and host.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

Last edited by Derivative; Nov 9, 2004 at 06:12 PM.