View Single Post

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Jul 25, 2014, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalancheMaster View Post
Bad word usage on my side. I'm OK to drop it, not really what I meant. My main problem remains, though: JJ2+ needs to provide a major gameplay overhaul, rather than graphic overhaul. The game is beautiful, but dated. As I said in another thread, I do believe we need custom *.j2a files support for new enemies and bosses. I also believe the game needs a new menu, particularly when it comes to folder and sub-folder support for home cooked levels. A pack with new episodes and custom tilesets will draw some interest from ex-players.
Well dude what way to take JJ2+ isn't really my decision so telling me this doesn't really mean anything. I completely respect if the project has other priorities and I wasn't even expecting this discussion to go this far (I expected it to end with "sorry we still don't have the source code" XD).

But in terms of content, enabling better tileset support is content too. In my opinion, the most memorable experiences in Jazz 2 was always its single single player content, the best experiences I had in the game was always playing through my community's levels packs---Tomb Rabbit, that crazy puzzle level that was a feat of strength to get through (you know which one I'm talking about if you've played it), Mike's packs, etc. Most of those were also defined by their usages of tilesets, exploring a new world has always been a fundamental experience.

Edit: Queen of Board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

Last edited by MoonBlazE; Jul 25, 2014 at 06:21 AM.