View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Jul 21, 2011, 04:35 PM
My thoughts on the rating system for J2O downloads

This isn't a topic to discuss elitist philosophies, but rather to discuss the actual usefulness of the rating system. Bare in mind this is only about jj2, and obviously about how to rate creations for jj2.

At the moment, I don't particularly have a solid grasp of the rating system, which means ratings that use decimals such as 8.3, 4.9 and 9.8 are not clearly defined. I do, however, have a solid grasp on ratings such as 8.0, 9.0, 7.0 etc. That is because a level with an 8 rating is a "recommended" upload, thus a quite standard upload should be worthy of the rating.

Here's my current rating system for uploads (just for example):

1: Very Poor - Laughable, Awful, doesn't function "properly" at all for what it sets out to do. A piece of crap literally.
2: Poor - All around bad upload, nothing fuctions "properly", although there are signs of "effort".
3: Well Below Average - Lots of things don't function "properly", but there are definite signs of effort.
4: Below Average - A well established effort, but certain things don't work as they should.
5: Average - A properly usable upload, but lots of things can be enhanced.
6: Above Average - A properly usable upload that has certain "notable" aspects.
7: Well Above Average - Lots of notable aspects, but not quite recommended, and may also contain aspects that have both positive and negative side effects (I consider certain Birdie levels to be within this category ).
8: Good - An outstanding upload, excellent, noteworthy, whole.
9: Great - An often very notable, and/or gigantic upload, something "big", although not everything that's "big" deserves a 9! (I consider stuff like devres to be in this category)
10: Very Great - An utmost, extremely well made, magnificent upload.

I also posted this topic in order to (hopefully) sort out some ideas concerning the rating system. I talked with PurpleJazz recently about a "grading" system that, imo, works much better than the current rating system. I'd rather not explain the grading system, since it isn't my idea to begin with, so I'm hoping PJ will reply to this topic and explain the entire concept.

Last edited by FireSworD; Jun 15, 2016 at 02:40 AM.