View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jul 23, 2011, 04:45 AM
Yeah, but that's only a solution for download ratings. What's going to happen with reviews that give such ratings though? If you leave them as they are, changing the scale to 5 stars, it's going to look confusing, especially for newcomers who see them and wonder how can they set 4.35 of a star rating themselves. On the other hand, rounding them to the nearest full "star" would affect some of the total ratings. For example Episode 5 would end up with a total rating of exactly 5 stars because none of its reviews sets rating below 9. Uploads rated only by one person as (for example) 7.0 would have to change their rating to either 6.0 or 8.0 (3 or 4 stars), what makes quite a difference. I might be the only one who sees it as an issue though, in that case excuse me, trying to ruin your plan is not my intention.

Besides, I think that 5 possible ratings is already too little. If one wants to say that something is almost perfect, just has a small yet bugging him flaw, the choice between 4 and 5 is going to be a serious dilemma, considering 4 a rating kinda suitable for every decent level, while 5 - the one stating perfection.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.