View Single Post

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Jul 23, 2011, 08:52 AM
We already have the Download Recommended/Not Recommended options in place, and average satisfaction, so I imagine that it would be relatively easy to switch to the binary rating. Although that works far better on a large scale. Because level here might only get 1 or 2 ratings, there'd probably be a ton of levels of various quality that have 100% approval with one vote, and something like 5 stars would probably be better to actually make distinctions. Or 10 half-stars.

However, I'm a bit skeptical about how useful any rating system will be. I think no matter what system is in place, most of the problem boils down to people having different opinions about what levels are good, and even about what a given rating means. I've heard a lot of people refusing to give anything a 10 rating because that would imply perfection in their opinion, and no level will be entirely perfect. However, in my mind, the best levels should have the highest rating, so I wouldn't have any qualms giving some of the devres episodes a 10, for example. So with a 5 star system, I think the real difference between a 4 and 5 star level could end up being who reviews the level, not whether the level is entirely perfect or not.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left