View Single Post

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Jul 29, 2011, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBolt View Post
"oh, HE wrote a review. HE's an idiot, I'm going to weight my opinions fully against his review and downvote him."
Download admins should remove those.

Quote:
Also when you have a rating system based on a person's input, it puts pressure on that person which could cause them to withhold their opinions in fear of being harshly judged negatively.
Again, admins.

Quote:
As an alternative to a user-based rating system, why not a review-based rating system? If a review is, in your opinion, invalid, click the thumbs down button. If it is, click the thumbs up button.
It took me a while to understand what you mean. I'd prefer the global rating system.

Quote:
Those reviews may not mean anything to the reviewer's overall present-day review quality, so would it be fair to use that against them? (I have no opinion on that matter, you decide)
Yes, this is the problem with the system. Maybe the system should be based on reviews that are newer rather than every review being the same value?

Quote:
I also second Unknown Rabbit's response. That would create a mess... And initially, ratings will definitely be bouncing all over this place if this system were to be enacted.
Quote:
I think part of the reason that's not currently done is that it would mean ratings would be recalculated a lot more frequently.
Quote:
How about making the rating based on the 'rate value' of the reviewer at the moment he makes the review? That would save you from recalculating.
And one more thing; There should be a forced comment about the review, if an user clicks the helpful/not button. This would help admins decide between a proper comment and an hateful negrep.