Thread: Project Carrot
View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

May 23, 2013, 09:16 AM
I... might sound somewhat harsh. I admit I dislike it when people admire another community member for creating another level previewer, again. Hopefully you realize this thing here is little more than a level previewer. Collision detection is no philosophy and everything else will have to be completely rewritten later on if you want it to work like JJ2. So yeah, I consider it hard to be excited about this so far and I'm just bothered by apparent lack of common sense in this thread, no offense to anybody.

I know this is not quite a constructive message and I was holding myself back from posting it until now. I'll try to compensate it with an honest offer to help; I consider myself familiar with a good number of quirks of JJ2, most of which you should learn if you want to replicate its mechanics correctly. Also, although you're obviously not coding the game in it, judging by your signature you may be interested in a piece of GML code I'm coincidentally in possession of that draws what pictured below, if just for reference. Use PMs.

Click to view in full size, didn't want to stretch the page.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.