Thread: Project Carrot
View Single Post

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Oct 24, 2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
If you mean by your question whether I'm using any old code, the answer is no. PC is a Jazz 2 engine clone built from ground up without any reverse-engineered code from the original.
No, I was asking if you are reimplementing DOS Jazz or Jazz 2. But that solved - from video I see it's Jazz 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
I will be writing a new level editor once it becomes relevant enough, and I would need to at some point anyway if I ever wanted to expand the event set beyond the current one. So far the only thing even remotely related is this Qt UI file from July; no code using it exists, it's just a quick (heavily JCS-based) design sketch.

And the background problem got already explained above
Yeah, but using JCS is still significantly harder, than say RPG Maker's map editor or Tiled.

//edit: Also as I am game developer myself, I know that level editor is usually last thing you do in project like this (reimplementation of old game). If this would be completely new game/new engine, level editor would be implemented along with engine to actually test if it works. But since you have both original Jazz levels and user-made ones to test engine with, this can wait until engine can run any thing original Jazz2 could.