Thread: Review Exchange
View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

May 2, 2007, 03:37 AM
Review Exchange

I've created this thread in the spirit of encouraging people to write reviews on j2o. The way this thread works is as follows.

1. You post a link to an upload which you want people to review.
2. Someone quotes your post, and agrees to write a review. In their reply they also provide a link to an upload they want reviewed.
3. You quote their post as a confirmation. Both of you proceed to review each others uploads.

You don't have to follow these guidelines EXACTLY, but the way I have outlined them is a good example of how to use this thread. The point is for people to use this thread as a means to agree to trade reviews: "I'll review your level if you review mine." This is something that has been practiced for a very long time. This thread is just a way to facilitate that by providing a neat and organized place for that sort of discussion.

Now for a few rules.

People who fail to reciprocate (as in, they come to an agreement in this thread, receive a review, and yet do not write a review back) will be added to a "list of shame" which will be edited into this post for everyone to see. People on this list will not be allowed to participate in this thread. You can remove yourself from the list if you finally decide to write your review. Repeat offenders may receive more severe punishment.

Stay on topic. This thread is for exchanging reviews, and posts which deviate from that will probably be deleted. In other words, don't post here if you aren't directly participating.

No drama in this thread. If someone hasn't written you a review, send me a private message and I'll add their name to the list. Don't use this thread for calling people out and starting petty arguements.

And one final recommendation: if you want to grab attention, don't just post a link to your upload. Post a screenshot too, and maybe a general description. You don't have to do this, but it's a lot more interesting.