View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Jun 12, 2013, 08:18 AM
Hey guys!

I've been away for a pretty long time, it seems, and I hope it's not a serious crime here to revive an old thread like this?

Anyway, recently I decided to dig this project up again, and see what I can do with it, so here's some updates on things that I've already done or are in progress of making (Apologies if some of these were brought up already, I haven't been around for such a long time that I don't really remember anymore, sorry about that):

* Fixed up animations for Jazz
* New alternate animations for Jazz (The idle animation seemed a bit too "jumpy", so I replaced it with something a bit simpler)
* Some projectiles now act as light sources
* Alternative crosshair (A 2d one, in the middle of the screen, eventually I might actually turn this into the only crosshair... just might. But I'll try to make it as a toggleable alternative)
* Improved loading screen

Note that this thing was never cancelled, I just got carried away doing other things, and I was overall busy with college and whatnot.

Bottom line, you CAN expect 1.3 to come out sometime soon! =)

EDIT:
Here's a little screenshot of the progress I have so far: http://i.imgur.com/LPjf0Uy.jpg

You can see the 2D crosshair in the middle of the screen, and the 3d one further away in the level. So far the 2D crosshair easily changes the same way the 3d does, I just have to make Jazz shoot where the 2D one is pointing at, not the 3d one.

Like I said, I'll try to add the 2D crosshair as an alternative, and if so, I'll probably leave it as default (Since the 3D one is a bit confusing, actually).

Also, the new standing pose!
Don't mind the upside down gun, I think I broke something in the code at some point - I'll fix it as soon as possible, once I figure out how to!

Last edited by JazzGruff; Jun 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM.