View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Aug 8, 2017, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobar View Post
It was worth it for me. I have never played with mutators before. Like playing as Super Mario. Also, good choice of maps.

And in a continuation of a chat from yesterday: I agree and you're right about your view of how to become a good player. But you don't realize that this is also the very reason why there won't be many new people joining the multiplayer servers, unless there's a separation for noobs and pros.
I liked the fact I got to put on silly settings the third day. I just wish more people joined. I hosted this not just for regulars, but irregulars as well.

As for the latter subject, gaining XP from kills is easily abusable - killing idlers, sandbaggers (i.e people who deliberately play bad for you) and poorly skilled players excessively. Not to mention, killing is just last hitting so it's not the most accurate indication of skill, especially in any gamemode that isn't battle.

Sure, I wouldn't mind stats but there could be a better way to judge - however setting less-skilled and more-skilled players apart is simply impractical. It would be even harder to set up a match than it would now.

The reason why there isn't many players anymore is less about matchmaking, and more about how most fans have moved onto other matters - such as real life or other games/activities. And that the game is getting increasingly hard to obtain legally.

..I feel like you should be typing that in the group, not here though. Now there's context missing for anyone who isn't in it.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ