Thread: HD Resolutions?
View Single Post

JCF Member

Cataflexia is doing well so far

Aug 16, 2017, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
The problem is not the source code, the problem is that redrawing every image in the game at a significantly higher resolution would require a ridiculous amount of time and money.
but zup said:

Quote:
If source code is released, it would only take some changes to code and a complete rewrite of tiles
if im not wrong, those means that with the source code this is more simple (not very) but viable.

FIRST: Not need to make a complete redrawing of every image
i know that exist many techniques for scaling with graphical filters that are called "re-scaling of pixel art"

examples....
  • Scale3×
  • Eagle
  • 2×SaI
  • Super 2×SaI and Super Eagle
  • Etc
SECOND: If it were the case that need to make a partial redrawing until complete all the images
you talk about the cost or money, well, what is the purpose of a community?

if you look descent, they have DXX-Rebirth, D2X-XL and some others with a lot of work and time spended. the same thing with doom, they have doomsday, gzdoom, etc.

so, if you tell me that a community need time and money, well, they will have the enough time, and... money?

money?

Since when a community need money for doing things for a game that they love?

For something it's called "community", the community does thing for love, nostalgy or simply hobby.

Now, if you say that there is no community for doing things for love to jazz game, well, I acept you argument.

...but that would be sad, very sad.