View Single Post
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Mar 21, 2002, 11:15 AM
The Life of Jason Jackrabbit

Maybe a few people remember the story that I began on the Epic MMB, and also posted on the JMMB. It never got very far. Anyway, I have decided not only to continue it but also to completely rewrite what I had from scratch (it is loosely based on what happened in the old version, but I like this one much better). So, hopefully I will continue it further this time. And now, without further ado I present to you .... The Life of Jason Jackrabbit!!!!!!

--Preface

The War Tavern was unusually dull that evening. The rabbits had heard all the stories, some even twice. They were chatting amongst themselves. Would anything happen that day? They were totally unprepared for what did happen.

There was a loud sound outside. Then the door practically blew off the hinges. As the dust cleared, they made out the form of a rabbit. He entered, and the rabbits' gaze followed him. He was crimson red, and wore a black headband. He was holding a smoking white gun. They were startled when he smiled.

"Always liked a grand entrance! RFs can work wonders. Sorry, let me introduce myself. I am Jason Jackrabbit."

The crowd's ears perked up. The bar tender spoke, "Jackrabbit, huh? Last Jackrabbits I knew of were Jazz, and his brother Spaz." He added under his breath, "Now HE sure started a riot in here!"

Now the crowd was interested. Why had they never heard of Jason?

"My brother and I are cousins of Jazz, you know. Come from Deserto."

"Tell us your story!" The crowd pleaded.

"Have a drink." Offered the bar tender.

"Thanks, I'll take a Muckamock ale. Nothing like a good Muckamock ale! Oh, you want to hear my story? Well, It'll be long. Alright, I'll tell you." He takes a swig of ale and clears his throat.

"Let me see now..." He takes another swig. "This IS good ale!" He gulps down the rest. "I'll take another for the story," Jason tells the bar tender.

"Comin' right up!" The bar tender slides it down the counter. It lands with a resounding crach on the floor. "Darn! That's the sixth time this week! I never was real good at that..." The bar tender pours another mug of Muckamock ale and hands it to Jason. "Here you go. It's on the house, we always have free drinks for the storytellers! But you're still paying for the first one you got."

Jason accepts his drink. "Thanks."

The bar tender begins to mop up the mess, and is aided by some very drunk rabbits, eager to get more ale in their systems. They were attempting to lick it up.

"Get away, you! Or no drinks tomorrow!" The bar tender yelled. They reluctantly attempted to return to their seats, but most of them ended up landing painfully on the floor. "I knew you all had too many drinks!" They just grinned.

"AHEM!" Jason Jackrabbit clears his throat. The rabbits turn their attention back to him. "Before I begin, I will introduce you to my brother, Alex!"

The rabbits looked around, but no one stood up.

"Where is he?" One rabbit asks.

Before anyone can answer, the room is filled with a bright light. An ice blue rabbit with an orange headband appears in the middle of the tavern. Right on top of a table, in fact, with one of his paws in another rabbit's carrot beer. He quickly jumps down, and looks at the barkeep sternly.

"You HAD to put that table right under the warp target, didn't you!"

"I thought nobody knew about that warp, any more! It hasn't been used for the longest time." Replied the bar tender.

"Forgiven. Give me a Diamondus Porter, barkeep!"

"Right away! Here you go!" He is about to slide it down the counter. Jason takes it from him before he gets the chance to, and hands it to Alex.

"I don't think you should try that again." The drunk rabbits look disappointed. "Well, now, the story!" Everyone cheers.

"It all began long long ago..."

TO BE CONTINUED

Another Jazz 2 fan
Jason Jackrabbit LP

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!