View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 22, 2008, 12:19 PM
Out of all those projects, the dedicated server should be focused on the most, followed by jcs+. The reason for this is simply pragmatic: both of those projects have had work on them, and both of them show the highest probability of being finished. Particularly the dedicated server.

OpenJazz2 is a good idea but too complicated at the moment, and feels like a bit of a pipe dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
It's this kind of attitude I'm sort of tired of, Cpp. You could as well just explain why that is a minor problem so we aren't left to guess.
I'm pretty sure he was joking if the is any indication. He's saying that even though it's tricky, that stuff can be figured out. Difficult, but not impossible. No need to lash out against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby aka Dizzy View Post
I personally don't see how we can actually expect to produce a spot on replication of the JJ2 engine itself when all we have is the binary. I can easily think of a number of subtle issues that would be extremely time consuming to reverse engineer (for example, how do bouncers actually bounce? The server is responsible for this calculation.). It might be possible to get a JJ2 engine that is 90% of the way to being accurate but I don't think we'd ever be able to get that last 10% perfect.
You'd be surprised how much of the weird tiny details can be figured out with a bit of ingenuity and a lot of spare time. I think weapon trajectories could be figured out with enough effort. Maybe they would still be a bit off, but most likely less than 10%.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)