View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Sep 11, 2005, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeh
When we were creating TSF, Alexander Brandon had some of his buddies create music samples we could use. We had ideas for a lot of different tilesets, but in the end we couldn't make them all. We even had a Chinese-style tileset idea with lots of oriental themes, Chinese/Japanese writings, archetecture etc..
Yeah, I had this idea for Devil Dash Episode 2 ever since I finished Metal Slug 2. =P Need to finish Episode 1 first though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeh
I think the Dreamland idea was a weird environment, with lots of weird/squeue'd themes, much like how your dreams are sometimes a mix of real-world events. In the end, when it came to ideas to draw the tileset, it would have been too similar to the Psych tileset in terms of it being a fantasy-like land with strange images and things that didn't entirely make sense.
Sounds a whole lot like Agama's Dimensions (Sirius) tileset. Except for the fantasy land stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeh
Atlantis was abandoned in favor of the other tilesets we went with. Swimming in JJ2 was never really a strong environment. When it came to selections, this obviously wasn't selected.
A funny thing I noticed while playing levels with water is that they're more enjoyable when the player is tempted to often get in and out of the water. I believe the Atlantis level would require itself to be fully underwater and such wouldn't be so fun.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)