Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Questions about the jazz 2 source

sonicnathan 1

JCF Member

sonicnathan 1 is doing well so far

Apr 18, 2007, 07:17 AM
If we get the source then it's only going to be property of all the members of Jazz online. Trust me. Putting it on the net is a 100% garenty that epic is going to soo us all.
ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Apr 18, 2007, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNathan 1 View Post
If we get the source then it's only going to be property of all the members of Jazz online. Trust me. Putting it on the net is a 100% garenty that epic is going to soo us all.
If we get the source at all if will be with Epic's permission. Nobody is even going to think about giving it out without it.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Apr 18, 2007, 07:55 AM
I know that certainly I wouldn't endorse any source being leaked without official permission, and I'm pretty sure it would not be shared through our site. So don't even think about it.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Apr 18, 2007, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNathan 1 View Post
Well as along as they don't sue, I don't see the problem.

Ok, bad joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neobeo View Post
no one is supposed to know this but jam is unknownfile in secret
... I should have known! They sounded so similar!
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:53 AM
n00b
This message has been deleted by n00b. Reason: DP

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Apr 19, 2007, 09:01 AM
Whoever gets the code should first try to get a nice team of people you can turst to start listing all the bugs that should be fixed in JJ2 (so leave out the wallclimbing and MCE bugs as fixing them will mean a lot of levels will not work anymore) and a list of things to add. Someone, preferably someone who is easy to contact with much time and who doesn't get stressed very easily, should then keep all information up-to-date on a location that is accessable to at least all of the team members, but preferably the whole community as it shouldn't contain any secrets anyway. Obviously, a public 1.25 category should be added to the forum with progress reports, to-do lists and threads were everyone can post ideas or the game. Ideas should best be categorized into seperate threads, think of "Bugfixes" "New evets" "Implemented gamestyles" "Game options" etc. Maybe you could make two threads for each type, one for completely worked out features and one for vague ideas.

Oh, and don't forget about an IRC channel ;p

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Apr 19, 2007, 09:06 AM
Original ideas there, Jerry.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Apr 19, 2007, 09:09 AM
If that was sarcasm, then sorry I didn't satisfy you.

If that wasn't, I find them pretty obvious still. After all, you shouldn't just say "Oh hi m8 of course you may help, here is the source code" to everyone who asks the code; there shouldn't be 20 people holding lists and stuff as stuff is being incompatible with each other then; etc etc ;p

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Apr 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
Port to PSP

Lol here we go with another source question. If you can get Becky in here ask her to please port jj2 over to the PSP. I have Jazz Jackrabbit 1 Full Version but i'd love jj2 as well. I know it'd be a bit of learning how the PSP hardware works but i'd love to see it on the PSP.

You can download a C++ program for the PSP here:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1125

(Also if any of you community members get/own a PSP don't update the firmware or you will lose any possibilities of running self-coded programs. Instead look for a downgrader that brings your PSP down to 1.50 (buy a mod chip if you already updated) and then download custom firmware by DarkAlex (3.40OE-A is the latest that i know of)).

So Becky if you see this thread do me (and possibly the PSP community) a favor and port this!

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

Last edited by Dermo; Apr 26, 2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: M1$P3LL3D W0RD

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Apr 26, 2007, 04:25 PM
I have no idea about any of this, but might Battery Check being released as freeware make us a bit closer to getting the engine, at least? Or would be still have to buy it?
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Apr 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
Funnily enough, there are some .h files coming with the demo of Animaniacs: A Gigantic Adventure. Nothing interesting as far as I could judge with my rudimental C++ knowledge but there might be other interesting things in there.

JCF Member

Apr 27, 2007, 05:56 AM
is that a 'JJ2-engined' game?

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Apr 27, 2007, 06:12 AM
Yes
Neobeo

JCF Member

Neobeo is an asset to this forumNeobeo is an asset to this forum

Apr 27, 2007, 06:33 AM
In fact, messing around with the battery check exe for a few hours gives me a better idea of the engine internals than I had with jazz2 exe for months.
Neobeo's Firetruck

</TD><TD>Myths:
Jazz Creation Station Plus (JCS+) - 10%
Coming soon - a dedicated server! - 25%
Jazz Sprite Dynamite v2 (JSDv2) - 2%
Another generic single-player level - 0%
</TD></TR></TABLE>

JCF Member

Erik is doing well so far

Apr 28, 2007, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIJN View Post
Funnily enough, there are some .h files coming with the demo of Animaniacs: A Gigantic Adventure. Nothing interesting as far as I could judge with my rudimental C++ knowledge but there might be other interesting things in there.
[citation needed] (aka send me)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Apr 29, 2007, 02:43 PM
or you could be practical and just, I dunno, download the demo yourself and you'd even be able to see what the .h files might be impacting?

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Apr 29, 2007, 04:41 PM
why would that be more practical in any way

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Apr 30, 2007, 12:02 AM
Because then you can enjoy Animaniacs(tm): The Great Adventure.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Apr 30, 2007, 12:37 AM
Well, it involves just getting the files yourself rather than finding someone else to do it for you... seems practical to me.
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Apr 30, 2007, 11:06 AM
You could get the files instantly instead of waiting for Stijn to send them.