Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

BCCS: Battery Check Creation Station

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Aug 28, 2010, 12:10 PM
I really like this one. I don't know if it's full featured enough for you though, but it certainly fits my needs.
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Aug 28, 2010, 01:59 PM
Real men use Notepad for hex editing.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 28, 2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspaz View Post
I really like this one. I don't know if it's full featured enough for you though, but it certainly fits my needs.
Oh, I like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
Real men use Notepad for hex editing.
Is that even possible?

Last edited by Jerrythabest; Aug 28, 2010 at 02:31 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 28, 2010, 05:51 PM
XVI32 has always worked for me, and supposedly for Microsoft developers too. Notepad corrupts hex data on saving.

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Aug 28, 2010, 11:14 PM
You can actually use cheat engine. Instead of opening a process, use it to open the exe file. I'm not sure that that program is great for hex editing though seeing as it's not what it was designed specifically for.

There's Hex Editor Neo as well but for what you're trying to do, I'm not sure that it's the best. Also next time you crack something, don't allow it to call home, block it through your firewall -_-

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 29, 2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
XVI32 has always worked for me, and supposedly for Microsoft developers too. Notepad corrupts hex data on saving.
I'll have a look at that one too. It's always good to have some choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
There's Hex Editor Neo as well but for what you're trying to do, I'm not sure that it's the best.
I'll see. Can't hurt to try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Also next time you crack something, don't allow it to call home, block it through your firewall -_-
I agree that was a stupid thing to forget, as I knew (by experience) it would be doing that after some time. Oh well, there's free stuff out there.

JCF Member

Sep 22, 2010, 01:57 PM
I've been looking into the BC palettes now. I'm hoping to alter JCS's palette used for the 'Remap tileset palette' feature to work with BC's colours. Right now I'm trying to get a clear map of which colours (of objects) are stored where. It looks like BC's UI colours (energy meter, battery counters etc.) are mostly at the lower half of the palette. The upper half is available for tile colours. So that's quite different from JJ2's palette, where the sprite colours are all in the first few rows.

Once I understand BC's palette I can write some short introduction to it just like we had with JJ2's palette in the JCS.chm file. And then everyone can make their own tilesets! The bmp/pcx to j2t convertion machinery is all fully working Except for the remap palette feature, that is

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2010, 02:42 PM
I've investigated pretty much all events (only the End Boss and the Button of Death are excepted) and the UI. This is my current palette:

The only true 'palette event' in BC I've found is the Door event, which uses a lot of entries in the 3rd row. All other events use the colours found in this palette.