Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit confessions

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Oct 26, 2016, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
this post
I completely agree.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 03:51 AM
Primpy
This message has been deleted by Stijn.

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Oct 27, 2016, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Same here. I have a crapload of unfinished projects.

Somehow I feel procastination is the norm, though. You'll hear so many people start projects or "new years resolutions", only to never continue on them. Take a drink on the level progress thread by how many levels/tilesets there are not released. Or people posting level project threads...which pretty much have all failed. Or the comic threads that consist of one page.

New years resolutions are dumb. Why wait??!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Jazz 2 fan View Post
Why is New Years so special? If you want to accomplish something, might as well do it whenever.

Yep. I've got an original 3D puzzle-platformer game that I started with a friend for our senior project that we still want to finish and release as an Indie. I've got a novel that I wrote several chapters of that has been sitting mostly unwritten in my head for years. I've got a board game design, and even components, that needs to be fleshed out and playtested. I've got ambitions of learning Unity, Android programming, music composing. And beneath it all... the JJ2 levels I never finished, the episode I never completed, always sitting there... always waiting. It's so easy to start a new project, but why is it so difficult to commit to finishing something?
I feel like lots of "procrastination" comes from the lack of structure. What I mean, maybe you just need a "boss" (maybe not actual boss) who would consistently reminding you about the project and pestering you about it, essentially nagging you to work on it.

Yes, it hardly sounds like a fun, but maybe it's what you need to finish stuff up?

I sometimes, too, procrastinate, for similar reasons - but - I've found out that if you force yourself to work on something (again, not "fun", but working) soon minutes and then hours will start ticking by while you're on the job. Maybe that can work for you as well.

As the last effort, you can say you're doing it for the fans, not yourself (even if those fans are only in your head).

Hope I was helpful. Cheers.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
╲___) (___╱  TUX LOVES YOU.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Oct 28, 2016, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
Why? Have I not the right to express my opinion (confession)? Provided that it doesn't include any explicit content?
Guess my memery is still not accepted but I can guess the reasons why.

Lori is a great addition to Jazz 2 in my opinion. It doesn't affect Jazz and Spaz and it's an alternative for people that like playing games with female characters. Helicopter ears can be quite helpful at times and I prefer Lori's kick over Spaz's. Nice design overall, maybe she does not have a lot of verticality, that's true, but doesn't mean she is completely useless. Fun character to play, underrated imo.

And I'm ok with your opinion, you're not the only one that thinks Lori isn't a good character. I understand why.
IT WAS JUST A PRANK, BRO, JUST A PRANK

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Oct 28, 2016, 10:35 AM
Project 2 was the one that ruined Lori. They said that Lori was Jazz's sister, but the original idea was Spaz's girlfriend. At the end Lori is Jazz's sister that popped out of nowhere...

JCF Member

Oct 28, 2016, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Project 2 was the one that ruined Lori. They said that Lori was Jazz's sister, but the original idea was Spaz's girlfriend. At the end Lori is Jazz's sister that popped out of nowhere...
Agreed. I see Lori more as one of the Jackrabbits than as Spaz's girlfriend. Jazz with Eva, Spaz with that wacky yellow bunny girl and Lori... well I'd say Razz but it's her cousin so... with no one I guess, she's a strong independent bunny girl

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Oct 28, 2016, 11:10 AM
Sure they changed her backstory, but it's not like that backstory was more than 3 frames of animation in the JJ2 ending cutscene. I've seen worse retcons.

also lori is a bori

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Oct 28, 2016, 11:20 AM
OMG its funny how you guys get so serious when I say something about lori bori.

When I said, "Lori is ugly to begin with." I meant exactly what I said.

To me lori looks ugly. I never said that she is useless/ shouldn't have been an addition to the game etc. It had nothing to do with lori being girl. But man, Jazz looks sexy.

Btw at Prompey, I know you were peanking. And I was pranking too (♡●♡).

BTW, on a serious note, I think Spaz really did fell in love with his sister, provided that how retarded he is. Family strokes lol.

JCF Member

Oct 28, 2016, 11:26 AM
Okay, another confession: I play JJ2 at 180x100 often in SP. Cause BigSpazz.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 28, 2016, 02:45 PM
Moving the crap aside..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
-snip-
At the moment, I haven't been working on my level projects due to having other priorities right now (like art, playing fast and organising imageboards). Also it's hard to stay motivated when only a small amount still play JJ2 anymore. Sure, I don't make work to pander to others, though when zero play it in the end, it feels kinda..wasteful. Even getting playtesters (for multiplayer) feels like a stretch.

However, before I jump ship (not because I want to, but have to) I do want to at least crank out a tileset and standalone single player. And one more battle/CTF. My mental block on tilesets right now is my lack of understanding on the structure of backgrounds and being terrible at mechanical tiles, so I think once I pin that down, I should be more motivated to work back on my sets again.

Also I still have mental blocks on my inability to script. I always seem to zone out whenever I try to learn it. Sadly, my interest in learning things is not gauged by usefulness. I wish it did.

As for nagging, if it worked - my sleep schedule wouldn't be screwed up (lets just say my parents used to nag me a lot about going to and out of bed. I felt demeaned more than anything.) I think the lack of work is less to do with laziness, and more to do with lack of confidence and frustration. People know that I tend to be up late for things, but put much effort once I get to it.

And then whenever I admit mental problems, I get redirected to a social worker then I'm back to square one.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Oct 30, 2016, 07:14 AM
I just realized my favorite gamemode is test. Been playin em since I started playing JJ2 online. In fact, now I realise that the reason I always sucked at CTF is that I was so good at tests. In other words, I played tests more than CTF. There was a period when I was 4th in every test in Puke. I was never much of a speedrunner, but I was capable of passing even the hardest tests. I became better at CTF later though, at least as a teamplayer. I'm one of those people who had or still have a 10 CTF matches per day habit.

Even though that Spaz is better at multiplayer, and I like Spaz tests more, in SP I prefer Jazz. For some reason it feels a lot better. Ever since I first played JJ2 I played SP as Jazz. Dunno why, probably because of the ability to fly over many enemies.

Hardly ever played as Lori. Streetfight only, really.

Also, that's an interesting signature you have there, you-know-who.

JCF Member

Oct 30, 2016, 10:10 AM
-The constant microstutters in JJ2 make me crazy.

JCF Member

Oct 30, 2016, 10:14 AM
As happy as I am seeing people play Jazz Jackrabbit 2 in servers, I could never get into multiplayer. I only play it rarely just to meet and talk to some people and have people go like "Primpy, I thought you were dead!". I find single player levels much more enjoyable and stable. Maybe I'm just bad at multiplayer or platformers in general. I mean, I haven't completed a single test so far. I was close, but couldn't do it. I'm also having constant issues with Spaz's double jump (which I think all of us have).

Question, is Spaz's double jump buggy or I just don't understand the conditions under which I can use it? Because sometimes I just spam the jump button and the double jump starts like one second after I pressed jump for the first time. Now, as I said, maybe I don't understand in which condition I have to be to double jump :P

JCF Member

Oct 30, 2016, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
As happy as I am seeing people play Jazz Jackrabbit 2 in servers, I could never get into multiplayer. I only play it rarely just to meet and talk to some people and have people go like "Primpy, I thought you were dead!". I find single player levels much more enjoyable and stable. Maybe I'm just bad at multiplayer or platformers in general. I mean, I haven't completed a single test so far. I was close, but couldn't do it. I'm also having constant issues with Spaz's double jump (which I think all of us have).

Question, is Spaz's double jump buggy or I just don't understand the conditions under which I can use it? Because sometimes I just spam the jump button and the double jump starts like one second after I pressed jump for the first time. Now, as I said, maybe I don't understand in which condition I have to be to double jump :P
It's not bug. Spaz's double jump has many limitations.

I think it's good or else he would be overpowered.

Once yoy double jump, you can't make it again unless you do a single jump and land succesfully once.

So its like, 2x jump - 1x Jump- 2x jimp again.

But I managed to 2x jump consecutively, so my theory might be wrong lol.

Btw, JJ2 is mainly a single player game, so you're good :P
And if you want the vibe of Multiplayer, play ctf or battle. Tests are more like SP game with leaderboard.

Public servers are best way to get a hang of multiplayer mode, have some fun with amaturs and getting pro slowly.
But since Vanilla JJ2 is screwed because listserver is fuked up for Vanilla JJ2, public servers are mostly empty now.

Its unfortunate. Thank God JJ2 is finally dying.

Last edited by SAMI; Oct 30, 2016 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Typin with mobiles touchpad gives me a heart attack

JCF Member

Oct 30, 2016, 11:31 AM
Quote:

You should hold jump in order to double jump successfully.

And yeah I figured you weren't into multiplayer a long time ago. Getting into tests requires a lot of patience. And with the high skill floor of active players and less casual gamemodes being hosted, getting into JJ2 online is hard for casual players. Wait a moment, I'm repeating myself...

I try to grin and bear being bad at something. After all, that's a step to becoming skilled. Not just video games but anything in general. Unless it's piss-easy (which quite franky what JJ2 SP usually is).

You should still come during bashes though.

Quote:
Its unfortunate. Thank God JJ2 is finally dying.
"Shame my old dog is dying. Thank god"

JCF Member

Oct 30, 2016, 03:47 PM
You should come to bashes and JDC events at the very least, if you have time and the possibility to do so, that is.

Yeah, tests require much patience. But I find test servers more like places to talk to, unless you're preety obessed with beating your own time.
Treylina's doublejump method, btw.

Too bad you don't join the CTF servers though. I too think that SP is fun, especially with the new AS stuff, but playing a game or twenty is just as fun. You probably gave up the first time bcs: 1. You don't know the map; 2. Have no clue what CTF codes are; 3. People constantly telling you.thst you're a noob.

In case ya wanna beggin with CTF again, here's some basic advice:

1. Learn the popular maps, and later the mappool maps. You can't play any CTF match if ya have not studied the map first. Just run around it before you play a game, find the basic routes, fastest routes to the CTF bases, powerup boxes' positions, carrot positions, and measure the spawn time (for the carrot it's usually 30 seconds or something like that).
2.Learn CTF codes, they're preety easy and help a lot. In case you did not notice, holding shift when pressing T activates teamchat. When someone is teamchatting, he or she will have [ ] around his or her name. This way the enemy team has no clue what you're about to do, though prediction is not a hard skill. When your teammate tells you 1 or 2 or 3, it means his health is, y'know, 1,2,3... If the flagholder of your team has low health, you need to get ready to recapture the flag when he dies, or else the enemy will score. If you by chance hit the enemy's, just say e2 or e1, which means that the enemy's flagholder's health is 1 or 2. When you're sure that his health is low, but don't know if it's 1 or 2, just say elow. If the enemy's flagholder is at his base, it means he's waiting for your team's flagholder to die so he can score. When he's prepared to score, you say es. When you killed the enemy's flagholder and you're sure that your teammate can rush to the base to score a point before the other players, say s. Also, when you're sure you can kill the enemy, and want your flagholder to prepare for scoring a point, also say S. When the flagholder says S, it means he's prepared, and will most likely say his health in the same message, s3, for an example. When your flagholder is about to die, and your ready to recapture, say r. You should also say your health, r3 or r1 for an example. When you don't want your flagholder to prepare to score, say ns, or when your flagholder thinks it's safer not to score, he'll say ns. When the carrot is there, say c so your flagholder can eat it. Don't eat it unless you're the flagholder or your flagholder is 3. When you or someone else eats the carrot, or when it just isn't there yet, say nc. When you shoot the čarrot down or see someone else do it, say cd. Though in some maps it can be shot left or right from the spawn point, say cl or cr or something. When you're camping around the carrot, or waiting for it to respawn, say cc. When you see the enemy's flagholder eat the carrot say e3nc, or just e3, everyone will get it that it's been eaten. When you're waiting for the bouncer powerup to spawn, say cb, meaning camping bouncers. Same goes for the rest of the powerups (cs seekers, cr RF, ct toaster, cf or cp for pepper or the fireball, and probably ce for the electroblaster). When you've taken a PU say bt for bouncers, st seekers, rt RF, tt toaster, ft or pt for pepper, and et for electroblaster. When you have no ammo, say na. When you don't want your flagholder to die, tell him dd, use this in case you want to get ready in time or sth like that. remember to combine messages to one, like r3na, though this is not a must to do. Just make sure your teammates see the messages.
3. Just ignore the people, man. They don't really mean it, they're just pissed cuz they lost. I had lots of those people 3 years ago.
4.Experiment with ammo, the enviroment... Shoot bouncers at places where the enemy can come up from, shoot RF through horizontal passages while running, because it's faster. Boost yourself with RF, shoot carrots down using bouncers or electroblaster, don't go to dead ends for no reason, always approach a powerup and sidekick it cuz that way you'll get 50 of it. There's lots of tactics. Oh and always use Spaz, doublejump makes him get a lot quicker than jazz and lori.

I hope this was usefull and that you read it.

JCF Member

Oct 31, 2016, 05:38 AM
Quote:
You are happy that your dog is dying? How absurd

JCF Member

Oct 31, 2016, 06:02 AM
Quote:
You should hold jump in order to double jump successfully.
Wish I knew that long before.

Quote:
Getting into tests requires a lot of patience.
I have an enormous lack of patience so tests will never be my thing. Tests are like kaizo levels for me. I like playing one every once in a while though.

I should've mentioned that I enjoy playing Streetfight though. I would play more often if, well, other people would play SF as well.

Quote:

Quote:
You should still come during bashes though.
Quote:
You should come to bashes and JDC events at the very least, if you have time and the possibility to do so, that is.
I am, but I don't stay for too long. Just to see some people, talk to them for a bit then, maybe, return after a few hours. I'm not good at MP and I don't want to be either.

Quote:
*tips*
I did read them and now I'm more confused than ever. There's no way I could memorize all of those codes just to casually play CTF. Also, I don't think there are casual CTF players on JJ2 unless it's a bash or something. Insults don't demoralize me, I already have zero self-esteem so an extra insult is null to me.

I'm simply not a competitive player. I never was and I never will. JJ2 Battle/CTF is fun at times but doing my best to get to the top is not the way I am. I really do appreciate all of those tips but I don't know whether they will come in handy or not. I hope yes.

Oh, and regarding Trey's opinion about SP levels being easy, I do believe you're talking about the official ones? They're pretty easy, the only level that is fairly challenging is Diamondus with Turbo difficulty.

Also, I think the problem with Jazz 2 is the fact that it's both fast paced, supposed to be mostly a "run and shoot" 2d game and also a platformer. Seriously now, who doesn't run instead of walk 90% of the time? What am I saying is that the platformer part is not quite matching. I'd say the creators of Jazz 2 knew that perfectly but not the level makers. Of course, there are lots of great levels and level packs such as Bloody_Body's Stone Abyss, Violet's Ozymandius, Slaz's Literally Frozen Spring and so on. But I can't enjoy the levels that put more accent on the platforming part. I absolutely hate death pits, gimmicks and extremely precise platforming. I know there are some people that love them but that's just my opinion (and to be honest I'd like to hear yours as well )

JCF Member

Oct 31, 2016, 08:50 AM
I virtually never walk unless I have to. If I want to go slower, I just tap the directional buttons most of the time.

Also I think a lot of levelmakers didn't put enough effort into catering to different skill levels when making Single player. Those difficulty parameters are there for a reason.

JCF Member

XxMoNsTeRXM is doing well so far

Nov 1, 2016, 04:07 AM
Quote:
*stuff*
You can find the CTF Codes here: https://www.jazz2online.com/wiki/CTF_Codes
Also you don't have to know all of the ctf, most of the time players use the health ctf codes like "1,2,3" or for enemy's health "e1, e2, e3" or if they ask for the flag carrier's health ("h"). Or at the beginning of the game some ask "a or d" (attack or defend) and you answer with "a" or "d".

JCF Member

Nov 1, 2016, 02:51 PM
Yeah, like monster said, you don't have to know all of 'em. Just memorize those ones, and r3,r2,r1 (ready to recapture the flag) and c (carrot) =/= nc (no carrot), and the PU camping and taking ones.
IMO CTF is less competitive and more''for fun'. There are only 4 active clans, and there are no new games from the previous week, so that's hardly a competitive atmosphere.

The official SP levels are made for the lowest resolution in the game AFAIK.

JCF Member

Nov 2, 2016, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Ok lets cut it out. My pet bird is sick and your comment is freaking me out 8|

_______

Another confession: I type with CAPS ON OFTEN. BECAUSE it'S THE RUN BUTTON.

JCF Member

Nov 2, 2016, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Ok lets cut it out. My pet bird is sick and your comment is freaking me out 8|
Funny how you replied twice. You're the one carrying it on here.

It was a cheeky remark based off of "Its unfortunate. Thank God JJ2 is finally dying." When you feel shame and relief over something being over, it doesn't feel like it makes any sense.

Yes, it was an off-colour analogy. I'm evil like that occasionally.

As for confessions, uhh, I'm dissapointed over the amount of releases I made.

JCF Member

Nov 2, 2016, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Funny how you replied twice. You're the one carrying it on here.

It was a cheeky remark based off of "Its unfortunate. Thank God JJ2 is finally dying." When I feel shame and relief over something being over, it doesn't feel like it makes any sense.

Yes, it was an off-colour analogy. I'm evil like that occasionally.

As for confessions, uhh, I'm dissapointed over the amount of releases I made.
Wait, I assume you realized I was jokin when I said ,"JJ2 unfortunately dying. Thank God".

Anyway, you're evil like that? I didn't notice any evil comment of yours. What I missed?

An ther confession: Now a days, I barely play JJ2. When I play, I actually try to make a speedrun video of all the episodes but get tired and quit within 10 mins.

JCF Member

Nov 3, 2016, 04:48 AM
Quote:
An ther confession: Now a days, I barely play JJ2. When I play, I actually try to make a speedrun video of all the episodes but get tired and quit within 10 mins.
BinaryBlob's got your back.
You can always try to beat his record but heck, he's really good at it.

JCF Member

Nov 3, 2016, 06:27 AM
Quote:
BinaryBlob's got your back.
You can always try to beat his record but heck, he's really good at it.
Thanks

Man, beating him will be a pain ass challenge. But lets keep trying.

JCF Member

Nov 3, 2016, 08:04 AM
If you want free short """World records""", there's always The secret files, Shareware and Christmas episode. Just because there isn't leaderboards for them at the moment, doesn't mean they arent accepted, it just means there are no records.

http://www.speedrun.com/jj2
http://www.speedrun.com/jj2tsf

A great reference. ^

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Nov 3, 2016, 10:05 AM
I confess that this confession thread makes me want to include a special, holy confession area in my cathedral where you can share your troubles, sins and other novelties with Saint Borgius.

Not that I'm going to get that done anytime soon though . I must also confess that proper, ambitious plans for new tests (like Haunted 2) still haven't made it past the idea of making them. Being in a room away from home with only a laptop doesn't exactly help with that either.

Third confession: it's been ages since I was last really 'active' in JJ2. Too busy with life nowadays...

In the name of the Bunny, the Carrot and the Holy Blaster, amen.

JCF Member

Nov 3, 2016, 10:10 AM
Pretty sure JJ2 can run just fine on laptops. It's not a very demanding game.

I do notice microstuttering on them though, but it's still playable.

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Nov 3, 2016, 10:21 AM
It does, but it has to be in windowed mode (real fullscreen makes the game run slower, while windowed full screen stretches the layout to absurd proportions). So for a windowed, 'square' playtime I am left with a relatively small game screen on this laptop :P.

JCF Member

Nov 3, 2016, 11:03 PM
Red face

Quote:
If you want free short """World records""", there's always The secret files, Shareware and Christmas episode. Just because there isn't leaderboards for them at the moment, doesn't mean they arent accepted, it just means there are no records.

http://www.speedrun.com/jj2
http://www.speedrun.com/jj2tsf

A great reference. ^
Ok thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
It does, but it has to be in windowed mode (real fullscreen makes the game run slower, while windowed full screen stretches the layout to absurd proportions). So for a windowed, 'square' playtime I am left with a relatively small game screen on this laptop :P.
I have no issues on Windows 10 so far. Though some are sayin it's happening with only intel or Amd iGPUs (Integrated GPUs).

Whats your O/S and specs? I actually prefer Windows 7 more than 8 and 10 (And 8 is worst).

JCF Member

Nov 4, 2016, 02:44 PM
Is windows 7 actually better than 10, then? I use windows 7, that's why I'm asking.
Oh and confession stuff, the very first time I played JJ2 I had a real hard time beating the queen. I get that the levels were meant for kids to beat, but hell, I was so happy when I got to Carrot1, but then the second boss was an even bigger pain. The first time I've got to the Lab levels was when I played splitscreen with my sister. At the end, the first time I ever passed the game was when I played splitscreen with her. After that I was able to pass the levels on my own.

Oh and at the final battle, I lost all of my lives, so my sister had to finish alone. We were lucky that Devan was blowing fireballs at my dead bunny, so we finished easily. I was Jazz and she was Spaz.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Nov 4, 2016, 03:41 PM
I haven't beaten the JJ2 SP campaign in years. Back then, I used to play it with my brother and sister, and we always used the glitch where you could stomp on Devan to skip the second stage of the fight.

These days, on the rare occasion I play JJ2, it's usually so I can take another crack at FSP, or Evilmike's 5-part SP epic(Usually FSP, though).

Jelly: Do you mean in general, or just for JJ2?

JCF Member

Nov 4, 2016, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Is windows 7 actually better than 10, then? I use windows 7, that's why I'm asking.
Oh and confession stuff, the very first time I played JJ2 I had a real hard time beating the queen. I get that the levels were meant for kids to beat, but hell, I was so happy when I got to Carrot1, but then the second boss was an even bigger pain. The first time I've got to the Lab levels was when I played splitscreen with my sister. At the end, the first time I ever passed the game was when I played splitscreen with her. After that I was able to pass the levels on my own.

Oh and at the final battle, I lost all of my lives, so my sister had to finish alone. We were lucky that Devan was blowing fireballs at my dead bunny, so we finished easily. I was Jazz and she was Spaz.
Yes Windows 7 is better than 10 imo. Too much hassle in 10 to bother.

JJ2 isn't just for adults. Its for everyone and thats why its a great gane

JCF Member

Nov 5, 2016, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
I haven't beaten the JJ2 SP campaign in years. Back then, I used to play it with my brother and sister, and we always used the glitch where you could stomp on Devan to skip the second stage of the fight.
When I was young, I had a HUGE phobia for game bosses. I just felt incapable of beating them as they were faster, stronger etc. I remember reaching Schwartzenguard for the first time, I was really really scared, lost in an instant and went crying to my parents. To be fair, I don't remember what happened when I actually beat him. And what really surprises me is the fact that I somehow beat Uterus, Bubba and especially Bolly (which is one of the hardest bosses imo). Castle, Carrotus and Medivo levels make me more nostalgic than the other levels.

And, of course, I think I mentioned this before but I could never beat Devan. He was too fast for me to understand what should I do to beat him. I didn't even get to the second form :P

Edit: Did I mention these things before? I feel like I did, sorry if I did :l

JCF Member

Nov 5, 2016, 04:54 AM
Quote:
When I was young, I had a HUGE phobia for game bosses. I just felt incapable of beating them as they were faster, stronger etc. I remember reaching Schwartzenguard for the first time, I was really really scared, lost in an instant and went crying to my parents. To be fair, I don't remember what happened when I actually beat him. And what really surprises me is the fact that I somehow beat Uterus, Bubba and especially Bolly (which is one of the hardest bosses imo). Castle, Carrotus and Medivo levels make me more nostalgic than the other levels.

And, of course, I think I mentioned this before but I could never beat Devan. He was too fast for me to understand what should I do to beat him. I didn't even get to the second form :P

Edit: Did I mention these things before? I feel like I did, sorry if I did :l
You did somewhat, once upon a time though. It was long time ago.

So it doesn't hurt to say again

Wait, so you're saying you didn't beat devan as of yet?

JCF Member

Nov 5, 2016, 10:21 AM
Quote:
...and especially Bolly (which is one of the hardest bosses imo).
Bolly is easy to beat.

You just get on the top, then spam buttstomp. The homing rockets can't even hit there either.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Nov 5, 2016, 03:03 PM
It isn't out of fear or anything that I haven't beaten JJ2 in ages; I haven't actually tried to beat the JJ2 campaign in a good few years.

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Nov 5, 2016, 03:36 PM
You want JJ2 confession? Fine. Never was able to go past first boss of the game without using jjnxt.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
╲___) (___╱  TUX LOVES YOU.

JCF Member

Nov 5, 2016, 04:37 PM
Maybe I should make a "How to beat the Queen boss for dummies" video clip.

JCF Member

Nov 5, 2016, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Wait, so you're saying you didn't beat devan as of yet?
No no, just as a young child

Quote:
Bolly is easy to beat.

You just get on the top, then spam buttstomp. The homing rockets can't even hit there either.
6 year old me couldn't figure that out. I'm surprised that 6 year old me even got to fight Bolly and somehow beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
You want JJ2 confession? Fine. Never was able to go past first boss of the game without using jjnxt.
I never had problems beating the Queen (aka The Opera Singer) as a kid :l

Quote:
Maybe I should make a "How to beat the Queen boss for dummies" video clip.