Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

UNniversary Bash 4: One last cheer

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 12, 2019, 03:03 PM
UNniversary Bash 4: One last cheer

Several months ago, I'd promise a bash this year to those who couldn't make it to Anniversary Bash 21. Well here it is, better late than never! This will be the final bash I am self-organizing. From then on, I might do sporadic mini-events (of varying gamemodes) but that's a whole other topic.

This list will be even more curated than the third one, having a tighter focus on quality levels over sheer nostalgia. As before, all duplicates are automatically null. You'll also be able to personally join the curation server to give in input what map(s) should get in. This'll be in the form of a temporary discord channel and possibly in-game server (but we won't be covering all maps, it would take too long).

EDIT: Event over

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; Dec 9, 2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: event finished

JCF Member

Nov 8, 2019, 01:17 PM
Dead project? Not at all! Behind the stage, we've quietly been working on curating the CTF maplist. We got down to 96* of them, and you can click here for the draft. Please note the pivot table isn't working and the battle maps haven't been fully been curated yet. I also want to have it narrowed down to only showing candidates.

I understand this is still a bit too much for the public, though I wanted to get out something substantial along announcing the release date. We'll be going back and re-curating the CTF list after the battle one has been done.

But you can still vote on what CTF maps to keep or veto in the list at this time - were especially looking for input on "maybe" map entries, it's just not urgent at the moment. Votes can be done on this thread or on the special UB4 channel.

The bash start date has also been announced to begin on November the 30th, coinciding with the GOG rerelease.

EDIT: Turns out those 96 were only the yes maps.

Last edited by Treylina; Nov 29, 2019 at 01:46 PM.

JCF Member

Nov 29, 2019, 01:43 PM
I am regretful to announce that UNniversary bash 4 will be delayed to the 7th of December.

With the personal life issues that had arisen in the past few weeks, the workload is simply too much within the course of a day. On the upside, this should ensure a more smooth and entertaining experience for everyone. As a compensation, I may offer bonus events not part of the level list! Ground force has been on my mind, and it's not just the survivor packs.

Our current curation stage is where we want to round down to 100 maps per gamemode at max. Were currently roughly at 120 each You can still view the progress here.

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2019, 11:22 AM
After much frustration and crunch, the server is finally up. A few levels have some annoying bugs but at this point, I'm tired of delaying it any longer. Whatever could've went wrong, went wrong.

So yeah, because of this expect the server not to actually close until Wednesday night, but it'll be earlier if there's a lack of interest.

JCF Member

Dec 9, 2019, 12:19 PM
Welp, event over. Not gonna sugarcoat things, the attendance of the ground force event was poor, even after half an hour, so I closed up early.

Putting that aside, thanks to everyone who attended! In the future I'll see about possibly doing a mini variety event in March...until then, I'm back to doing other activities. Spin-off bashes are now finished with, for more reasons than one.