Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Being a JJ fan & people's reactions

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2015, 03:38 AM
Being a JJ fan & people's reactions

Jelly Jam's signature gave me an idea for this thread.

How would you describe the way people around you have treated your expressed love for the Jazz Jackrabbit games? Over years, or just now, depends on how long and how much you've been spending your time on the violent action games.

For instance, for me it was something like this:

Colleagues in high school: "colorful bunnies? haha what a faget. play quake it's a real game cuz it has blood"
Colleagues in primary studies: "that's cool I guess. I don't care actually. wanna get drunk at 9PM?"
Colleagues in secondary studies: "wow that's so awesome, people still play it? oh man, that game was the bomb when I was a kid! keep it up!"

And here's how my parents reacted:
When I was 13: "oh that's so cute. this game is so cute. these pictures are so cute. keep doing that"
When I was 18: "aren't you too old for this? get a grip. this can't be your future. you're just playing games and drawing things from them"
Now when I'm 26: "those bunny drawing things were great actually. can't you monetize them? at least that's one thing you're good at"

so, your turn now

(EDIT: I love the word filter. I'm keeping it unedited)

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 23, 2015, 04:20 AM
I don't think I really brought it up much with offline friends, maybe subconsciously because I kind of feared it would lead to one of the high-school type responses you posted. Nowadays it comes up occasionally in conversation, usually when I'm talking about online communities or something, as this site is a pretty good example. People usually think it's cool.

Last edited by Stijn; Jan 23, 2015 at 05:21 AM.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 23, 2015, 04:21 AM
Nursery school: "Did you know you can type JJFLY to fly? Also remember to jump into the large hats."
Elementary school: Not many reactions, just occasionally playing the game in splitscreen when friends came over.
Junior high school: "Let's play Survivor in the school library. The bathroom level rocks."
High school: "Oh, I remember that game, it was one of my favorites! I always played as Lori. So that's what you do in free time? Cool. Does anybody else still play it?"
University: "Holy shit, that code you're writing is incredibly complicated. I see we still have a lot to learn. What is it for anyway? A mod to Jazz Jackrabbit 2? Oh man, I played that as a kid, it was awesome. How many people still play it? We should download the game and start playing too."

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2015, 04:29 AM
Since I've never talked about this game with my friends before 2014, I can't know how they would react when they were kids. But here's what they [Colleagues] said this and last year:

* One of them said: Seriously? You got to be kidding me!! Oh I forgot, noobs and dumbass like you will always play pile of craps like this. Play COD and see whats real game.

I replied: Wanna try JJ2?

He further replied: F**k you and your game.

* Another one said: Okay, let me try it. Give me the game.

After getting the game: What the hell is this, I can't open the game!

After explaining him the fix: What JJ2? I dont have such shits. [He even forgot it was in his harddisk]

* Other dude: F**k your game. I hate 2D games.

After getting the game: JJ2 rocks. Best game.

* And every other guys: F**k off / What is 2D game?/ Shame you still play old games.

And my parents reacted:

Age 3 : Don't you have anythings else other than playing video games?

Age 5 : Stop playing and go to study.

Age 10 : Stop playing and go to study.

Age 13 : Stop playing and go to study.

Age 15 : Stop playing and go to study.

And when I'll be 18: Stop playing and go to study.

Last edited by SAMI; Jan 23, 2015 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes :P

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2015, 04:50 AM
Here's an example of how my friends felt from when we were 10, and they still feel the same way today (15).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I65Zc63DnPU

Skip to 2:08.

PERFECT
EXAMPLE

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 23, 2015, 05:14 AM
My real life and JJ2 usually don't mix.

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
My real life and JJ2 usually don't mix.
for what reason? have you perhaps made the same assumption that Stijn did?

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 23, 2015, 08:13 AM
Ugh, I hate people. They judge you because you play Jazz, but there's nothing wrong about it! It's funny how some people say "I think that game is being played by lots of little kids". Like, dude, this game is 17 years old and you say is played by little kids? They got stuff such as Call of Duty to play. Parents aren't really bothered because I play Jazz Jackrabbit. When it comes to technology, I'm free to do whatever I want. My friends are the people that annoy me the most. Once I was playing Jazz 1 on my phone, and I said "Darn, I lost a life!". A schoolmate of mine replied "I only see a life lost: yours". I got used to these kind of people anyway. Gentlemen, I respect you for being proud of playing Jazz Jackrabbit. jaz4lyf

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 23, 2015, 11:15 AM
A couple of years ago: So what about that game Jurassic Rabbit?

I tried to explain they completely misheard me, but I didn't get my point across. Funny (though potentially inspiring for a SP episode) and sad though. They didn't appear to ostracize me for it, however.

My family: Wow you still play that game? It's still going?

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2015, 12:27 PM
When I was 7: "Let's play Jazz Jackrabbit! Maybe we can actually get to the end this time..."

When I was 11: "You're still playing that old game? Grow up."

From when I was about 13 onwards: "That game's still going? Nice."

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2015, 04:01 PM
I don't talk to people.

EDIT: There was one time in 2010 or something when I was doing a group project with two other people, and I opened up my laptop, and the second person got really excited at the Jazz icons on my desktop, but the third person got us back on task before it could go too far.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Jan 23, 2015 at 05:00 PM.

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 24, 2015, 03:18 AM
Yes, I do hear from people ('specially my bro and sis) that JJ2 is old and they wonder why I still play it.

<-------------- Does this face look like I give a damn? :P No, totally not.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
Yes, I do hear from people ('specially my bro and sis) that JJ2 is old and they wonder why I still play it.

<-------------- Does this face look like I give a damn? :P No, totally not.
Off-topic, but your face speaks serious confusion, like "Dude, are you ok? You need a doctor or something" MeeM.

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 24, 2015, 03:28 AM
No, that face speaks determination, that is the face of someone who won't allow anyone to tell him what he should do.

No one is going to convince me JJ2 is for minors, and colorful bunnies belong to a category below my Level of Existance. The fanbase of My Little Pony has a whole lot of grown-up guys too, so why can't this game have the same? xD So if I end up in a conversation about games with someone, I wouldn't mind mentioning JJ2. That's a game that never gets old, no matter what people say.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
No, that face speaks determination, that is the face of someone who won't allow anyone to tell him what he should do.

No one is going to convince me JJ2 is for minors, and colorful bunnies belong to a category below my Level of Existance. The fanbase of My Little Pony has a whole lot of grown-up guys too, so why can't this game have the same? xD So if I end up in a conversation about games with someone, I wouldn't mind mentioning JJ2. That's a game that never gets old, no matter what people say.
Exactly! Also MLP is terrible, I gave it a shot and disappointed me (I thought it was overrated because it was good, not because of the pony booties! Nvm.). Jazz is for kids too, but especially for the kids of '90 (or 2000 in my case). As I said above, the kids these days got games such as COD to play, not oldies which they will hate anyway.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:45 AM
You got to be kidding me Primpy! Kids of now a days can't even play games, especially hardcore, fast paced and violent games. JJ2 ieven if not violent, but still a fast paced game aswell as hardcore too I guess.

Most of kids of 2008+ will just start crying seeing violent game. They would rather play little pony games. JJ2 though have little pony like theme, its however a fighting game and thats why kids of 90's play games like this.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
You got to be kidding me Primpy! Kids of now a days can't even play games, especially hardcore, fast paced and violent games. JJ2 ieven if not violent, but still a fast paced game aswell as hardcore too I guess.

Most of kids of 2008+ will just start crying seeing violent game. They would rather play little pony games. JJ2 though have little pony like theme, its however a fighting game and thats why kids of 90's play games like this.
You're soooo wrong... Outside my block of flats there are many others, full of little kids. When they go outside, they pretend they're playing violent games, even Call of Duty! Literally, this is what kids play these days. Also, they watch violent movies and YT videos with lots of swearing. These kids are the one of the MAAAANY tryhards you find on TF2 as an example. You know, those kind of "fun breaking" people.

Off-topic, but I highly recomend Team Fortress 2. Is a cartoony 3D shooter which is just a joy to play especially when you find some friendly people from the enemy team and start a conga. I hate it when the kids I mentioned earlier start screaming on their bad microphone. Thank god there is a kick voting feature, thing I also suggested for the new JJ2+ version.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
You're soooo wrong... Outside my block of flats there are many others, full of little kids. When they go outside, they pretend they're playing violent games, even Call of Duty! Literally, this is what kids play these days. Also, they watch violent movies and YT videos with lots of swearing. These kids are the one of the MAAAANY tryhards you find on TF2 as an example. You know, those kind of "fun breaking" people.

Off-topic, but I highly recomend Team Fortress 2. Is a cartoony 3D shooter which is just a joy to play especially when you find some friendly people from the enemy team and start a conga. I hate it when the kids I mentioned earlier start screaming on their bad microphone. Thank god there is a kick voting feature, thing I also suggested for the new JJ2+ version.

Consoles for kids ofcourse. Maybe you didn't realize what I meant. Old kids were a lot different than now a days kids. You'll notice it eventually.

For a clear example is my cousin; He plays violent games too. Like Punisher, but in the end you will see he's learning the bad things from it. He can't control. My cousin tried to bleed me cause he thinks its fun. But old kids [atleast me] never did such shits [Its not incase of everyone, but you will see it in the most]. Childrens now a days are getting stupid after all [Exceptions are always there].

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Consoles for kids ofcourse. Maybe you didn't realize what I meant. Old kids were a lot different than now a days kids. You'll notice it eventually.

For a clear example is my cousin; He plays violent games too. Like Punisher, but in the end you will see he's learning the bad things from it. He can't control. My cousin tried to bleed me cause he thinks its fun. But old kids [atleast me] never did such shits [Its not incase of everyone, but you will see it in the most]. Childrens now a days are getting stupid after all [Exceptions are always there].
Of course, I didn't mean that old kids are different from "new" kids (this sounds weird). I say that the "new" kids are interested more in how violent the game is and how good the graphics are (they're dumb). Jazz is not for the "new" kids anymore. It's almost the opposite of they want.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 06:19 AM
I've come to the conclusion that my friends hate 2D games in general, Even Dust: An elysian tail!

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
I've come to the conclusion that my friends hate 2D games in general, Even Dust: An elysian tail!
How dare they.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 08:17 AM
Quote:
How dare they.
I don't really know! They just love first person shooters, Minecraft, and LoL. There's no reason for them to hate sidescrollers, and they love PREETY STUFF (i mean the graphics), and Dust preety much has it all lol.
I mean, i love minecraft as a game, but the community sucks, thus i play ONLY Jazz now.
As for League of Legends, they keep acting like they're sort of mature people, they don't know english, all they know are these words:
Noob
Fucker
Shit
Jungle
etc etc.
Yeah, i dunno what their nicknames are, but i know that entire LoL thinks they're 12 year olds or something.

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 12:43 AM
Quote:
How dare they.
Its lame to say how dare they. Different people have different kinds of taste. So its obvious that many won't like side scrolling games like many hates 3D games. So you can't say "How dare they". Theres nothing daring saying that, simple.

So, its not a problem. But the real problem occurs when they start talking bullshit about the games we prefer. I mean theres nothing wrong in hating a 2D game. But that doesn't mean they will insult those who play 2D games!! Thats the problem.

I've recently planning to buy a gaming PC that should be able to run all modern games in max settings. So I started a thread in some other forum. There I got one problem. After talking about many aspects of PC, we got in selecting windows. And I said that I won't take windows 8 cause Direct Draw is terrible in windows 8. I've also mentioned about taking a windows that will be able to run old games as well. They where other members started their nonsense again. They started making fun about me cause I said I'll play JJ2 in my new PC. They posted a picture making fun of me!!!! And also started to talk like bullshit. They think old games and cartoon games sucks which I don't care. But this!!

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Its lame to say how dare they. Different people have different kinds of taste. So its obvious that many won't like side scrolling games like many hates 3D games. So you can't say "How dare they". Theres nothing daring saying that, simple.
itsajoke.png

JCF Member

Louis K is doing well so far

Jan 27, 2015, 02:07 AM
Relatively, I'm newbie(..or noob) of the JJ2 than other players.(well.. because I've actually start to play it again about a year ago but actually I've joined only 38 times. very irregularly. so I'm still not good at it. :P)
But one thing is truth - I'm still a fan of this game!

Case 1. When I wear this shirt
My family : Cool. go ahead.
Someone that don't know about JJ : Eh..? what is that? a rabbit with a gun?
Someone that remember the JJ : Oh! I remember that. are you still like a Jazz Jackrabbit?
My best friend : ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Case 2. When I made LFG-2000 AEG
My family : I can't understand what are you doing and why are you make that.
Someone that don't know about JJ : (Laughing) Can it fire? (DRRRRRR!) Holy S***!!
Someone that remember the JJ : What is this? did you made this? may I shoot it?

Case 3. When I playing JJ2
My family : Stop that game and go out and make money.
Someone that don't know about JJ : Stop that game and go out and make money.
Someone that remember the JJ : Stop that game and go out and make money.

Sad story

Or if you won't, then I'll kill you with this COOL weapon.

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 03:26 AM
''Why would i make crappy 2d stuff in your shitty game when i can make 3d stuff in Minecraft?''
That's what a 'friend' of mine said today. Minecraft is cool, but they just won't try it out. I tried first person shooters up for them. I give up. I just can't convince them.
Well they can't convince me to play LoL, CoD, battlefield and some other first person shooters tho.
Well i guess it's just a matter of opinion. I don't really like first person shooters. I like 3d games in general, but these guys just hate all of the 2D games! They think that 2D games are for faggots. Seriously!
Also, i heard they all started their own gaming chanells, but refuse to tell me the names of the chanells because they think i'm 'too imature' for them. LOL

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jan 27, 2015, 08:55 AM
The worst kind of person is someone who judges you by what TV/Movies/Games you enjoy. I generally just ignore these kinds of people and move on, and to be honest, that's the best way to deal with them.

Quote:
They think that 2D games are for faggots.
... What's happening to this forum?

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 27, 2015, 10:09 AM
Quote:
They think that 2D games are for faggots.
Judging from the amount of homo- or bisexual people who have come and gone across this community that claim wouldn't be too far off

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 10:26 AM
Quote:
''Why would i make crappy 2d stuff in your shitty game when i can make 3d stuff in Minecraft?''
That's what a 'friend' of mine said today. Minecraft is cool, but they just won't try it out. I tried first person shooters up for them. I give up. I just can't convince them.
Well they can't convince me to play LoL, CoD, battlefield and some other first person shooters tho.
Well i guess it's just a matter of opinion. I don't really like first person shooters. I like 3d games in general, but these guys just hate all of the 2D games! They think that 2D games are for faggots. Seriously!
Also, i heard they all started their own gaming chanells, but refuse to tell me the names of the chanells because they think i'm 'too imature' for them. LOL
They're typical teenagers - super self-conscious, opinionated, judgemental and thinks doing "mature" activities makes them mature. But the truth is in adulthood, nobody gives a shit what you play, or what is "cool", as long you keep your responsibilities in order. Yeah, there are some judgemental adults too, though there are less of them.

Here's a fun fact: A teens brain is less developed for reasoning. That's why they think such things.

Now I know may say "Oh but you're being judgemental too!", though this is from my experience. D-bag teens pull judgements from their asses. Some schools may be lucky to not have these kind of people.

Just ignore them. Move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
Judging from the amount of homo- or bisexual people who have come and gone across this community that claim wouldn't be too far off
Or perhaps hetero people don't openly explain their orientation because "straight until proven otherwise".

Given this thread poll: http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showt...highlight=homo

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jan 27, 2015, 11:47 AM
14 - game is awesome
31 - game is awesome

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
... What's happening to this forum?
lack of Derby

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Jan 27, 2015, 02:27 PM
Oooh I get it. I like this post.

9 years old - OMG Jazz Jackrabbit 2!? Mom can I please get it?
10 years old - Storing .jcs files on floppy disks with my big sister. JCS is awesome!
11 years old - Hiatus.
13 years old - Showed up, couldn't find Jazz2City, found J2O, became part of the community. This is a cool place, nice people, wow, they type with good grammar!
14/15 years old - Had become a big part of the community. Completely hooked on the game. JCS JCS JCS.
16 years old - Got a girlfriend. Thought I'm too cool for JJ2 and that joining the community held me back from social life, got pissed and thought, I'm gonna be a dick and ditch everyone. So I did, along with Ninja, Blackraptor and Iri (Nate, Vlad, and Kelley...) who were in similar situations in their life. We're all still acquaintances.
18 years old - Realized JJ2 was really the shit, started playing again in my spare time, but not dedicating time to JCS.
25 years old - Still doing the same thing. Playing in my spare time, that's about it.

edit: Since apparently we have a DerbyBot on JCF now, I'll have to add in the 24 year landmark where my 2 year old son preferred Mario & Link over Jazz & Spaz and I was offended.

Last edited by Lark; Jan 27, 2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: DERBYBOT
Old Jan 27, 2015, 02:28 PM
Lark
This message has been deleted by The Moving Bot!. Reason: No double posts!

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Jan 27, 2015, 06:23 PM
PROTIP: If someone who you think of as a friend craptalk your favorite game (in this case JJ2), he isn't actually your friend. Otherwise (s)he'd keep his/her opinions to him/herself, saying "I don't like this game" in worst case scenario.

I'm actually working on a 3D, third person platformer/shooter (completely original idea, art style is untextured *extremal* lowpoly, like say in Skyroads or Alpha Waves). Maybe if I get successful with it, I'd be able to approach Epic to get JJ license, saying "We've made 3D platformers a thing again, if we could get Jazz Jackrabbit license, JJ3 would become reality, we'd only pay for license and would take all expenses on ourselves, probably with help of crowdfunding, you wouldn't pay a penny."

That's my ultimate goal. JJ needs new game. After completing JJ1 and JJ Advance multiple times (JJ2 is only good with custom maps or in MP, SP campaign is boring, maybe except that Alice in Wonderland level), I want more. Much more.

//edit: If anyone is interested in the game I'm making, follow http://twitch.tv/qvear - doing devstreams there from time to time. Game's in Unity and at the time of writing this, I'm working on level editor.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
╲___) (___╱  TUX LOVES YOU.

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
I'm actually working on a 3D, third person platformer/shooter (completely original idea, art style is untextured *extremal* lowpoly, like say in Skyroads or Alpha Waves). Maybe if I get successful with it, I'd be able to approach Epic to get JJ license, saying "We've made 3D platformers a thing again, if we could get Jazz Jackrabbit license, JJ3 would become reality, we'd only pay for license and would take all expenses on ourselves, probably with help of crowdfunding, you wouldn't pay a penny."

That's my ultimate goal. JJ needs new game. After completing JJ1 and JJ Advance multiple times (JJ2 is only good with custom maps or in MP, SP campaign is boring, maybe except that Alice in Wonderland level), I want more. Much more.

//edit: If anyone is interested in the game I'm making, follow http://twitch.tv/qvear - doing devstreams there from time to time. Game's in Unity and at the time of writing this, I'm working on level editor.
With the lack of an audience built, I don't think an hour and a half video on twitch will appeal to many, and less-so if you aren't interested in game development, with 3rd person shooter as a description sounding run of the mill as it gets.

As you can tell, I couldn't be bothered watching the video. Because it's too long, not about the footage, and twitch videos take a lightyear for me to load, (though I don't have trouble watching videos on other video uploading sites). However, I'm probably not the target audience for that.

When people look for something in a game that's in development, the first thing they want to see is concepts - like a demo or what the game could look like, and a breif description that really tells what the game is about, as mentioning genre alone won't catch much attention. It doesn't matter how unique an art style is (apart from first impressions), because in the end, it's the gameplay that keeps people pulled in. And given you do have some "original" gameplay idea and insist on hiding it, why talk about the game so early in development?

Maybe I sound mean, though I have good intentions; to make a new game sound appealing. With appealing to others, you build an audience better and become more successful.

Sorry for the derailment. If you want, you can make a new thread about it to continue the discussion.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jan 27, 2015, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark View Post

10 years old - Storing .jcs files on floppy disks with my big sister. JCS is awesome!
11 years old - Hiatus.
13 years old - Showed up, couldn't find Jazz2City, found J2O, became part of the community. This is a cool place, nice people, wow, they type with good grammar!
14/15 years old - Had become a big part of the community. Completely hooked on the game. JCS JCS JCS.
16 years old - Got a girlfriend. Thought I'm too cool for JJ2 and that joining the community held me back from social life, got pissed and thought, I'm gonna be a dick and ditch everyone. So I did, along with Ninja, Blackraptor and Iri (Nate, Vlad, and Kelley...) who were in similar situations in their life. We're all still acquaintances.
18 years old - Realized JJ2 was really the shit, started playing again in my spare time, but not dedicating time to JCS.
25 years old - Still doing the same thing. Playing in my spare time, that's about it.

edit: Since apparently we have a DerbyBot on JCF now, I'll have to add in the 24 year landmark where my 2 year old son preferred Mario & Link over Jazz & Spaz and I was offended.

Man, 16 was an awkward age :P The funny thing I realized soon after, is a lot of the people from this community were much better friends than the 'cool' people who I thought would improve my social life by going out to parties, clubs etc every weekend

Also, wassup Matt my cossack brotha. Still lurking the JCF from time to time like me I see :)

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 10:47 PM
Quote:

11 years old - Hiatus.

Why? Why did you have to become one of those jerky teenagers thinking they're "rad" and having a "social life"?
It's the opposite of my life aims. Also, you think JJ2 is crap but you're playing it? Huh?

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Also, you think JJ2 is crap but you're playing it? Huh?
I think you've interpret something wrong;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+shit

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
I think you've interpret something wrong;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+shit
Oh well, as I said lots of times I am not a native English speaker so I don't know most of these "urban" terms.

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2015, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Oooh I get it.
the thread is about other people's reactions on your expressed dedication to the JJ games, not your own impression, so not really

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2015, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Why? Why did you have to become one of those jerky teenagers thinking they're "rad" and having a "social life"?
It's the opposite of my life aims. Also, you think JJ2 is crap but you're playing it? Huh?
You are just another overreacting guy!

Also, you're saying you aim is to be unsocial? Maybe this is the cause you are overreacting. Having social life isn't wrong at all, rather better than virtual/ unsocial life. But, having social life with idiots, dumbas* [Or should I say those who tends to insult] is wrong.