Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Um, is there anyway to combine JJ2 ver 1 and TSF?

Zeta

JCF Member

Zeta is doing well so far

Nov 28, 2005, 08:02 AM
Um, is there anyway to combine JJ2 ver 1 and TSF?

I have them both, and I just find it annoying that I can't play Lori in the original Jazz 2 levels, and that I have to switch back and forth between two games on my PC that are essentially the same except for slightly differing content. Is there any way to integrate the two games by moving files around or something so I don't have to keep switching back and forth?

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Nov 28, 2005, 08:06 AM
Copy all the tileset, level, music, and episode files from 1.20-3 into the TSF folder.
Zeta

JCF Member

Zeta is doing well so far

Nov 28, 2005, 08:33 AM
Hrm. I copied everything from my J2 folder to my TSF folder except for things it said it wanted to replace. Then I started up TSF and only got the Secret Files as a selectable episode. : / Is there something I'm missing? Should I be putting them into the TSF subfolders or something?

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Nov 28, 2005, 09:31 AM
You can use Overlord's Jazz2-combo tool, it's on his site, or you can just manually do some hexedit to make it work. I did this with all JJ2-versions, and I feel rather content^^

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Nov 28, 2005, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta
Hrm. I copied everything from my J2 folder to my TSF folder except for things it said it wanted to replace. Then I started up TSF and only got the Secret Files as a selectable episode. : / Is there something I'm missing? Should I be putting them into the TSF subfolders or something?
Perhaps you have not copied your episode files properly? They have the extension .J2E

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Nov 28, 2005, 11:51 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what is the version of your JJ2 (non TSF), shown at the bottom left corner of the main menu?