Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Urban tileset request

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Apr 22, 2006, 10:27 PM
Urban tileset request

Hey, I'm looking for a 1.23 urban tileset. Like townhouse, but more clastrophobic, and easier to use. Not Technoir, since I want something a bit more... detailed in color terms. And not Neonius, because I want something brighter.

Thanks.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 23, 2006, 12:16 AM
Mega Megatropolis is a TSF tileset, but there's a stripped down version available for 1.23. It's not the easiest tileset to use: it's very big and intimidating. But it probably suits what you are looking for: it's bright, versatile, and colourful. And if you want claustrophobic, the tileset comes with plenty of material you can use to make tunnels.

I can't think of any other tileset that can really fill in the niche you are describing. There are plenty of tilesets that can be used for an "urban" feel, but I think the one I described is the best for what you want.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Apr 23, 2006, 12:35 AM
Bluez' Metropolis doesn't exactly fit your description but it's urban too.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Apr 23, 2006, 02:23 AM
Wartorn?

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Apr 23, 2006, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMike
Mega Megatropolis is a TSF tileset, but there's a stripped down version available for 1.23. It's not the easiest tileset to use: it's very big and intimidating. But it probably suits what you are looking for: it's bright, versatile, and colourful. And if you want claustrophobic, the tileset comes with plenty of material you can use to make tunnels.

I can't think of any other tileset that can really fill in the niche you are describing. There are plenty of tilesets that can be used for an "urban" feel, but I think the one I described is the best for what you want.
That works great. Thanks, EvilMike.