Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

How to configure your controls for both mouse and default aim

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 20, 2013, 12:17 PM
How to configure your controls for both mouse and default aim

With the default controls, mouse aim can be an annoyance for many players. You can also save the trouble of having to keep reconfiguring the controls everytime mouse aim is enabled. So;

In a nutshell: You cannot share keyboard 1 controls with keyboard 2 controls. JJ2 allows you to assign 2 buttons for the same thing.

Or, if you still have trouble understanding how to assign controls conveniently, read this guide below.

Edit your keyboard 2 contols to keyboard letters on the right (as you'll never use them on keyboard 1).

When you insert one contol, it'll still count the first control, so press the same obscure letter again.
Example: Keyboard 2 up default is W. You insert P. Now it's W and P. Press P again, now it'll only detect as P.

You will need to do this to assign WASD to keyboard 1 because it will not allow you to share the same controls, even if it's single player.

Now, go back to your keyboard 1 controls, once you have edited all keyboard 2 buttons you wanted to use keyboard 1 with.
Example: Insert W for up. It'll now detect up arrow and W.

And so on. I kind of expect people to know what to do for the rest.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Oct 20, 2013, 02:09 PM
I have always found it very helpful that JJ2 allows two keys for any action. In the time that I regularly played splitscreen games with a friend, I had set up two quite distinct Keyboard 1 controls so that we could play with four hands on one keyboard conveniently.

As for weapon switching keys and mouse mode... maybe Plus will some day support mice like this?

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Oct 22, 2013, 12:54 PM
This reminds me. I have a nostromo somewhere. These things are good for apps that use a lot of hot keys too. Everything can be redefined .

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92